General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker stereo types, car theft, and do I really look that menancing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Tao3535
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tangeloglide
Dang I thought this thread was about the different types of radios that Harley makes! LOL
+1. Lol, just bought a stero for my bike and came across this thread. Good stories though.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats nothing, I have had a gun pulled on me by LEOs twice because I looked like someone they were looking for. Both times right out in front of my own house. When I bought a local bar they got to know me pretty well and would wave to me late at night when they saw me riding. I had some long talks with the night Sargent when he tried to tell me who I should and should not let in my bar. He didn't like bikers and I had to set him strait on how I had more problems with his officers then I ever had with any bikers.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM
woodworking1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 10 yrs ago I worked for a cabinet installation company in Phoenix AZ. I had to go to a customers house for a repair. She was about 70 yrs old and actually told me that if she hadn't gotten a call from my company to tell her that I was coming, she would not have opened the door to someone who looked like me. It's Ok to think it, but to say it! I may have particularly long hair, but I was wearing a collard shirt and khakis! No leather at all! Some people are sooo judgemental!

F'em

Old 02-19-2010, 07:38 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you walk into a biker bar, and the whole place goes quiet staring at you, THEN you have to worry about being menacing in appearance...

It's fun to watch security follow your every move when you go into large retail stores too!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:45 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by CroK
When you walk into a biker bar, and the whole place goes quiet staring at you, THEN you have to worry about being menacing in appearance...

It's fun to watch security follow your every move when you go into large retail stores too!
Hehe... yep... then you make em real nervous by moving up and down the opposite aisle the security guy is workin...

Old 02-19-2010, 07:47 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

good one Schu... havta laugh because the look is priceless!

Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Lardog666
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll take the stereotype... people seem to underestimate ya if they think you're "beneath" their station.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:57 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by patriotmc
Thanks for the laugh and post. Everyone has been missing you :-)
I haven't missed him - he's been here the whole time.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 PM
icewater103
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It definitely has it's advantages though. I have a lot less trouble collecting money from customers who try to weasel out of paying my crews for work they did. I show up and after they hear the guys say "the boss is here" a checkbook or credit card usually appears right quick. Maybe I should change the company uniforms, I'd have way more time to ride.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by icewater103
It definitely has it's advantages though. I have a lot less trouble collecting money from customers who try to weasel out of paying my crews for work they did. I show up and after they hear the guys say "the boss is here" a checkbook or credit card usually appears right quick. Maybe I should change the company uniforms, I'd have way more time to ride.
+1
I get a lot more checks when I show up on my bike, and in leathers then I ever did in "dockers" and a button down!!

(P.S. Shame on you Schu, scarin' granny's!!)

Quick Reply: Biker stereo types, car theft, and do I really look that menancing?