General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a first yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:38 PM
DDuess
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had a first yesterday...

Real nice in the PNW yesterday so me and a bud went on a ride, ran some errands, covered about 200 miles. We stopped at the BMW dealer to see what was what, (his BMW needs tires) and when we left, a dude in the parking lot comes up to shoot the breeze (not on a bike, must have been in a cage) and starts to flip me crap about my Ultra, all the usual Harley trash talk. I was surprised, I have never been flipped crap at a motorcycle place, on any brand of bike, till now. So we leave and I go with him to a buddies place, and while we are there his 86 year old neighbor lady comes out to talk, and is really enamored with the Ultra. She pronounces it to be a "Packard" compared to the "Little Ford or Chevy" BMW of my buddies. I really had to laugh after the experience at the BMW place!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:38 PM
PUBA ONE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Usual Harley trash talk"? (please explain) The guy was probably envious and that's how he handles his handicap, or he's just a "usual ********"

Old 02-19-2010, 03:46 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,121 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I'm thinking "usual ********"!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:51 PM
JackAce
Advanced

Originally Posted by PUBA ONE
"Usual Harley trash talk"? (please explain)
I’m going to guess something along the lines of... obnoxiously loud, slow, poor handling, chromed out bucket of bolts, poorly put together American trash, rust bucket, vibrating parts off, driven by inbred rednecks who spend more money on their bike than their trailer. That sort of thing.
You typically see the same obviously biased talk on the other side of the fence with Harley guys talking about crotch rockets or guys in import cars (ricers). Just how the world turns, people always look for someone else to pick on no matter if their opinions are grounded in reality or not. it just lets you know who is ignorant and insecure *shrug*

Old 02-19-2010, 04:36 PM
DDuess
Road Captain

The usual in my view is:
Ancient design, slow, vibrates, shakes its parts off, ride 'em out, push 'em in, unreliable, leaks, ad nauseum. This is while the service writer is looking at the leaky final drive boot on the boxer Beemer no less. Wasn't enough to wreck a nice sunny day in February though...

I'm more of a "nice bike, not my style" if I don't like a particular make/model guy.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:26 PM
crackercap
Road Master

I belong to a local cruiser club and get the normal "trash" talk from the non harley riders which happens to be the Pres. and V/P.., however, the new members we are getting are H/D riders and soon I won't be the minority.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:42 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually when some dumbass does that to me I call him on it. I look him in the eyes and tell him that he is stupid and doesn't know what he is talking about. Then I wait to see how stupid he is. Stupid should be embarrassing---real stupid should hurt and sometimes things just need addressing.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Red9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldairboater
Usually when some dumbass does that to me I call him on it. I look him in the eyes and tell him that he is stupid and doesn't know what he is talking about. Then I wait to see how stupid he is. Stupid should be embarrassing---real stupid should hurt and sometimes things just need addressing.
I'm with you 100% on this.
I've only had a couple of people ballsy enough to trash talk my ride to my face. I learned a long time ago, idiots are just old bullies who haven't had the **** kicked out of them enough times.

Lee

Old 02-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Brewers_Fan
Cruiser

That's just annoying. I make a point of not trashing anyone's bike. My view is whatever you ride is cool just so long as you ride. I don't get why people want to trash Harleys anyway...they might use a lot of older technology but they run forever and the workmanship is top-notch these days. So lame.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:00 PM
icewater103
Road Captain

Originally Posted by will2002
I'm thinking "usual ********"!
+1, Never seems to be a shortage of them.

Quick Reply: Had a first yesterday...