Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a first yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:24 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had anyone do that to me at any time.....no having said that...you watch...tomorrow when I head out I'll run into a dickweed that'll do it.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:31 AM
docsg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get sh*t all the time of a different nature especially if I'm riding with my friend who has a very nice Road King. I ride an FXDL (LowRider) and guys will come up to me and say "hey dude, nice Sportster." Nothing against Sportsters as I had one once so I just reply "actually it is a Sportster on steriods" or just nod and tell them thanks.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:31 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Red9
I'm with you 100% on this.
I've only had a couple of people ballsy enough to trash talk my ride to my face. I learned a long time ago, idiots are just old bullies who haven't had the **** kicked out of them enough times.

Lee
yep. sometimes, getting your head knocked around actually makes you smarter.

i've had one person trash my street bob, and it wasn't the normal stuff. just some idiot who didn't think it looked like a harley because it was missing tank emblems.

i just shrugged it off. figured it'd be better to save my energy and kick his *** when he eventually tries to run me off the road.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:40 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

has to be jealousy,its funny how people put down harleys!!

Old 02-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Gorge Rider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They just don't get it. I picked up this quote on another forum where Harley bashing was a sport. I loved it

Originally Posted by The Highwayman
The Righteous and the Damned

Motorcyclists are known by the bike they ride. And men are known by the company they keep.

These veritable truths account for why Harley riders are only seen on the road with their own kind. Whether on reconnaissance in local territories, carrying the flag from coast to coast in a well-regulated convoy or striking a daring posse deep into the uncharted badlands, Harley men place their trust and confidence in other men of proven substance and robust character. Men who can be counted on through good times and bad. Men who never surrender, and don't take prisoners. Men who have the integrity and honor of real American motorcyclists. Men who make up the Harley-Davidson brethren.

There's no place among these men for anyone looking for a false way in and an easy way out. There's no place for men or bikes that by artifice are here today but by expediency will be gone tomorrow. There's no place for those who swear allegiance to far-eastern feudalism by riding atrocity cycles slammed together in some godforsaken land. There's no place for the snivelling lisp and depraved cowardice of squids who would make a slobbering mockery of real American motorcycling.

That leaves the atrocity riders off on their own, with a façade of pose and pretence, and a despair of resentment and bitterness. Taking the Asian badges off their throwaway contraptions out of shame, but leaving a space as blank as their empty souls. Carrying on with a sham travesty of brotherhood that's nothing but a hollow charade. Pretending to be the real deal but fooling nobody. Not ordinary American folk, who are comforted that all is well on the home front only when they see genuine Harleys lead their Fourth of July parades down the Main Streets of America. Not womenfolk, who by intuition know the deep rumble of the mighty Big Twin as the unmistakeable confirmation that real men are in command of the nation's destiny. Not even youngsters, who have a keen sense of authentic role models and clearly know the difference between a real American motorcycle and some knock-off in tin and plastic.

There's a fork early on in the road for every motorcyclist in America, with paths going off in opposite directions. A life membership in the brotherhood of righteousness is part of the authentic Harley-Davidson experience. A life sentence among the damned is reserved for the impostors.

Choose carefully, ‘cause there's no turnin' back.

-The Highwayman

Old 02-20-2010, 05:13 AM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gorge Rider
Not womenfolk, who by intuition know the deep rumble of the mighty Big Twin as the unmistakeable confirmation that real men are in command of the nation's destiny.
and this is what the trash talkers most fear !

Old 02-20-2010, 06:03 AM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya won't find this on any other bike .

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/164507...er_sexy_girls/

Old 02-20-2010, 01:59 PM
tcarille
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

yo will2002 you took the words right out of my mouth!!!!hey ridin whatever youre ridein is still ridin!!anyone who has anythibg to say about whatever a guy(or girl) is sledding is a real ********!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 03:08 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have only had that happen to me once...but the last time was by a guy I was actually doing a business deal with. We got to talking on the phone about me reprsenting him to one of my clients and the subject of hobbies came up...I mentioned I rode. He mentioned he did too and had a Honda Gold Wing and liked to take cross country trips. I told him I had a Harley low rider and liked to do weekend trips...then he says: " You have a Harley? I sure hope you are a good mechanic because those bike are the most unreliable pieces of **** on the road"

I almost fell out of my frickin chair.....got my composure...then told him to go f**K himself and hung up. He has called my office about 10 times trying to do the deal.. What an idiot.