General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ethanol free gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:12 PM
pti219
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ethanol free gas

Where does one get ethonal free gas. I hear the BP at US1 and 192 here in Melbourne sells it.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

if you can't find any get some marine stabil and use that. 1/2 oz per tank. My wife noticed some little independant gas station a few miles from me has ethanol free gas. That's the only place I have seen it around my area.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rounder
if you can't find any get some marine stabil and use that. 1/2 oz per tank. My wife noticed some little independant gas station a few miles from me has ethanol free gas. That's the only place I have seen it around my area.
You might want to look around the pump a little better, some times they like to hide the E sticker. Distributors or suppliers usually add the E, not the individual station. jmo

Old 02-19-2010, 12:40 PM
pti219
6th Gear

Thanks like I said I know one place here in Melbourne

Old 02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Snarly
You might want to look around the pump a little better, some times they like to hide the E sticker. Distributors or suppliers usually add the E, not the individual station. jmo
Are you saying that the station does not have ethanol free gas? If that is so, I only know they have ethanol free cause of the big sign my wife pointed out to me when we rode by. The sign read "ethanol free gas".

Old 02-19-2010, 01:09 PM
locodude
Road Captain

Get out of major metropolitan areas and you'll find it harder to find gas with ethanol than without. I live in a small town and you can't find ethanol at any gas station near me.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:22 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

I hate burning the stuff in my EVO but have little choice it seems anymore.
What are the negatives of burning 90 octane or better with ethanol?
Arent almost ALL the big Brands now selling it?

Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snarly
Are you saying that the station does not have ethanol free gas? If that is so, I only know they have ethanol free cause of the big sign my wife pointed out to me when we rode by. The sign read "ethanol free gas".
No, I didn't say your station "didn't have" E free, I said, from my experience, some stations hide the mandatory E sticker so you hopefully overlook it. Around here they play games, I mentioned for you to be alert. btw...in your first post, I didn't read where there was a sign that said "no E." But ya now what, I'd take a quart home, fill a graduated beaker to the half way mark with gas, fill the other half with water, wait a couple of hours for the water and gas to separate and check to see if you have exactly 1/2 of each. If you don't have exactly 1/2 of each, you have E in it. We went through this very thing a number of years ago when it wasn't good to use any.

Last edited by Snarly; 02-19-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
togfish
Tourer

Many marinas and some gas stations have 93 octane non-ethanol around here.The ethanol is added at the terminal, not at the refinery. It's up to the distributer.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:37 PM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The guys that I ride with have issue with ethanol as it seems y'all do... I have never worried about it and my bike runs just as well if not better then theirs. As long as the blend is no more than 10% there isn't any measurable difference between ethanol blend gasoline and regular unleaded gasoline for your bike engine.

Quick Reply: Ethanol free gas