General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trippin' through Michigan.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:05 PM
dastark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trippin' through Michigan.

I'm starting to plan a week long trip around MI. I'm hoping to travel along the outer shorelines. I was born here but have never been to all the great beaches ,etc. Any tips on sites to see, places to stay etc. would be appreciated. Kids gave me a new fangled videocam for fathers day so I'll be sure and share my adventures come wintertime. It'll take me that long to figure the darn thing out. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-26-2006, 10:26 PM
06Heritage
Tourer
Default RE: Trippin' through Michigan.

Will you be going through the upper penninsula Dave ? or just the Lower ?
I've spent alot of time in the upper, on my dirt bike and snowmobile, and theres some amazing things to see up there. They dont call it " God's Country " for nothing.
( Dont forget... i still owe ya' a cold one. )

Old 07-26-2006, 10:53 PM
dastark
Road Master

Eric, good to hear from you. This time I'm going to do the lower penn. I know a few folks I'd like to see. Next year Ithink I'll be able to talk Deanna into going to the u.p. with me. Neither one of us have been , and it's something I'd really like to share with her. B.T.W. I thought you asked about the rendevous in Ionia a while back? I decided to go at the last minute. I should've saved my money. Not only were the tics. pricey, but so was everything else insde. Not so much a biker event as it was motorhome party that brought their bikes along. The only thing that justified my ticket price was the Alice Cooper show. It was pretty cool. Keep watcing for you out in the yard, don't see ya. One day I'll just rap on the door. Hope I don't scare the misses. LOL.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 PM
06Heritage
Tourer

We debated on going to ionia or not. from what ive been hearing, i'm glad we didnt.
I'm thinking we might go to the rodeo in fowlerville though.
and by the way.. just rap on the door. she's un-scarable. LMAO.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:34 PM
06Heritage
Tourer

One more thing.... my brother lives up by lake huron, about halfway between cheboygan and rogers city, on US23. thats an awesome ride along lake huron... i think its part of the great lakes circle tour.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:03 AM
spartns
Road Master

If you're headed north on the west side take 22 north out of Frankfort along the Lake Michigan shore. Frankfort is a nice town as well. Be sure to thak the Sleeping Bear Dunes senic route on 109. It's worth it, then just keep heading north. Lots of good riding up to the bridge. Ya gotta cross the bridge even if you just cross it and turn around and come back. Have a good trip and post some pics when you get back. This is what it looks like