General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006 | 01:21 AM
Horses_N_Harleys
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: What would you do???

ORIGINAL: atomic

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

Get a trigger spray bottle. fill it with ammonia. ride past the house and when they come out shoot them in the face with the ammonia. soon the dogs will learn.
Don't shoot dogs in the face with ammonia. And the person who suggested Anti-freeze is sick. That is really bad advice. If somebody poisoned my dogs with anti-freeze I think I would end up killing them and their kids.

Any dog will chase a motorcycle. I bet my own dogs would chase my motorcycle if I let them out running free. It's not the dogs fault it's the owners. I think that is where your engery should be put to use. Threaten legal action.
If you knew me, you'd know that I'd never do anything to intentionally hurt any animal. Hence the reason I approached the owners again today. You're absolutely right, it's not the dog's fault, the responsibility lies solely with the dogs owners. However, I have to say not all dogs chase motorcycles. I've ridden by many dogs that were loose out in the front yard and just laid there as I went by. Now my horses, if they think you have sweet feed in the back of your truck, will run along side your vehicle in their pasture as you drive up my driveway, LOL

Old 07-27-2006 | 01:34 AM
sxs hillbilly
Outstanding HDF Member

Maggie, I'm thinking you handled it just fine. Hope it all works out right for you.

Old 07-27-2006 | 02:09 AM
Big_Tex
1st Gear

I know there is a chemical made for handling this kind of situtation. Postal carriers offten carry it in their bags in case they are attacked. I once had an over zealous postman spray my dog when it went running up, even though I was standing right there and the dog wasn't even growling or anything. The spray comes out as sticky yellow droplets so it won't easily blow back and it doesn't harm the animal. I don't know what's in it but it isn't pepper spray. Also, some dogs are immune to pepper spray. I saw a training video once where they said Rottweilers will not be deterred by pepper spray because they don't produce tears, it just really pisses them off.