General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006 | 12:30 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Default RE: What would you do???

Amonia is actually pretty affective. I use it before max lifts while powerlifting, but if you get too much, it's the only thing you can think about. It can stain certain clothes, so be careful when filling a bottle/squirt gun. No problems with chrome, but paint can react if left on for extnded periods of time. Wipe it off quickly and there will not be a problem. Another idea is firecrackers, but this may be illegal. Good luck

Old 07-26-2006 | 01:38 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master

Prestone..................................

Old 07-26-2006 | 01:50 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member

Maggie,
Unfortunately the only thing you can do is maintain control of the scoot. slow down when approaching the house, if the dogs come chasin..move your weight back on the seat and roll on the throttle (only if its safe to speed up)..if they get too close hit them.

I love animals..but if they get too close...its better to do that than risk injury by swerving and dumping the bike. IMO

Just because there is no leash law doesn't mean that those folks shoudn't look after their pets..they are putting them in danger..if they are unwilling to keep them behind a fence, they shouldn't have them. If folks allow their pets to chase cars, cycles...whatever...they (the pets) will eventually get hit

OBTW....Welcome Back!

Old 07-26-2006 | 01:51 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Shoot the dogs one at a time until the owner stops letting them chase you or there are no more dogs. Alternative: Get someone to beat the $hit outta yer neighbor and THEN shoot the dogs.

Old 07-26-2006 | 01:58 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Clarification:

I love dogs, except those that chase me or otherwise insist on pissing me off. It is dangerous (for you) to have to dodge them every time you ride by. The owner needs a horse-whipping or the dogs must go, either/both...

Old 07-26-2006 | 01:59 PM
QT Hush
Road Warrior

Fileing a complaint may be the best thing to do. Feeding the dogs anything or squirting them with something, even though the owners of the dogs are in the wrong, might start a war. Personally, I'd be up for it, but you are too nice to be involved in such activities.
A no leash law doesn't mean that it is legal for the owners to allow their dogs to chase vehicles and other animals.

Old 07-26-2006 | 02:02 PM
glstrcowboy
Intermediate

I had the same problem. A guy up the road (who seems to be an unemployed drunk) has a dog that likes playing in the road. I stopped by and tried to explain that while I like dogs, I'd hate to hit his. He gave me the same line about a leash law, so I told him (calmly) that if his dog bit me I would shoot it. Dead. On the spot. I haven't seen that dog in the road anymore.

Old 07-26-2006 | 02:17 PM
Sectioneight
Cruiser

Unless you can only go one way, how about just riding the other way? The MSF suggestion about slowing then speeding up is a good one. I have done that on several occasions.

Old 07-26-2006 | 02:23 PM
ncdoc
1st Gear

None of this is the fault of the dogs. The blame should be placed on the owners for not properly controlling their pets.

I suggest the cayenne injected hotdog, antifreeze, ammonia, shooting all be done to the OWNERS who might learn to
properly take care of their animals.

I would pursue the legal recommendations before doing anything to the animals. In the meantime you just have to be
extra careful. It's not fair, but few things in this world are...

Greg

Old 07-26-2006 | 02:41 PM
Draggin S
Road Master

Well,

I had a buddy that used to drive by a place with a bunch of dogs in his jeep that didn't have the side doors or top on and the dogs actually tried to jump up and bite him from the side through the open hole where the door goes.

It wasn't the dogs fault the P.O.S. owner didn't take care of them right...........

anyway, one day he just wired some burlap feed sacks to the holes in the wheels and drove on by............

ever heard of that story where a dog is chasing a car and what's he gonna do if he catches it??????????

He said when their teeth got hung in those sacks, some of them got flung off to the side and some got blapped on the pavement, but none of them ever chased him again................

Regards,
Draggin S

Quick Reply: What would you do???