Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your old biker clothes

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your old biker clothes

Wow, don't throw away those old clothes. I was on E-Bay looking for a pair of biker boots. Sometimes I find someone who either got a pair as a gift, bought a pair that they never used...etc. But I kept seeing auctions for completely worn out boots. Bottoms worn through, leather tips with holes worn through, just plain worn out. People were bidding on them like crazy. I once heard some folks who never really ride their bike but want to look like they do buy up these old clothes to wear at rallies. maybe it's true!! And like a fool I've been throwing away all my worn out boots and clothes!!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Jus goes to prove that there are a lot of RUBS out there wanting to be REAL BIKERS

Old 02-15-2010, 09:41 AM
karlmdog
Tourer

P. T. Barnum said it best.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm surprised to hear people want the beat up stuff...then again, I guess I'll never figure people out. You both make a good point, I imagine there some people wanting the old stuff so it looks like "real bikers".

I have some jackets and other stuff I bought, that I don't wear for whatever reason. Was just looking at eBay last night to get an idea of what's out there because I'm going to put it up for sale. Could use the closet space AND the cash. Plus, in this economy, I'm betting more people are buying 2nd hand than new. A win/win for all involved.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Mine are rags when worn out,comes from being so damn frugal.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

I imagine a lot of people these days have no idea what a cobbler is. Older shoes may be of higher quality than what you find in the stores today, or, that same quality is very expensive. Buying a pair of older, seemingly worn out shoes, then having them repaired by a cobbler, one might potentially end up with some very nice boots at half what they might cost new.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:02 AM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there was a thread a few months back about a pair of socks worn by a biker selling on ebay. thay were plain old tube socks, worn out with holes in them. shipping and all they went for around $20.00

Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

Posers.

Don't care for people that are fakers...

once had a guy that came up to me as I was leaving, Told me, man, nice Road King.. I just looked at him, thanks,, Thinking the dumba$$ don't even the diff between a Heritage and a RK..

Thats statement is ok for people who don't know the difference, but don't wear the HD shirts, jackets, and boots just to make people think Ur a Harley rider. Then they open there mouth and make a dumb statement and all doubts are removed..

I don't care what others wear, HD stuff included.
Its a turn off for me when I see someone wearing all the biker stuff that don't even own a bike and then try to act and talk like they do.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had to git up and go look in the mirror.
NOPE, they're NOT for sale, they're STILL on my back and feet.

I dressed and lived like that for MANY years. It wasn't til I quit drinking, that I started to dress sorta civilized (in my eyes).

I busted my azz to be able to afford a couple of decent scoots and some decent clothes. But what I found out, it doesn't cost anymore to look decent, than a "Rag Bag".
Does it bother me IF I hear someone mumble "RUB" under their breath ????
No, not really. It jus' means I was successful in my attempt, and when they see me kickstart and ride off on an ol' panhead hardtail, sorta puts the silence, to the mumbling thang.
BTW, Mumblerz are PIZZ ANTZ, N E way. Why don't you jus' WALK UP to people, and SAY SOMETHING ?????

H*LL, I too, could have been riding a nicer scoot, had I sold my old chit to the "new kids". Dammd. Story o' my life. Day late, and 2 dolla's chorttt.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Savagehenry
Tourer

a lot of these "well worn" items on ebay are for the kinky/fetish crowd. Some folks just can't wait to strap an old, stinky boot from a -real biker- over their mouth and nose like a gas mask and get busy furiously rubbin' one out (and maybe thinking about YOU in the process).

Some of your contributions to the ebay community are probably appreciated more than you know...

I don't understand it- but nothing surprises me any more.

Last edited by Savagehenry; 02-15-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Your old biker clothes