General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arch supports

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:30 AM
zski
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arch supports

I will be taking my MFS course this summer and to take the course, as you know, you need boots, gloves and helmets. Well my sweet wife got me a pair of lace up Redwings (4414) for Valentines. Waterproof, made in America with imported materials. Well I have high arches and need some support, otherwise the boots are not going to be comfortable at all.

I know I can go to the store were she got them and ask their advice, but I don't want to pay another $50 for their "recommendation". Any ideas, make, models or brands will be appreciated.

Last edited by zski; 02-15-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I think you can buy inserts from most shoe stores that have higher arches built in.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:45 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

You can buy Dr Scholls arch support inserts pretty much anywhere - drug stores, Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart....

Old 02-15-2010, 09:54 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Been using FeatherSprings,made out of stainless steel, for over 15 yrs and comfortable all the time.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 AM
jb1023
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am currently using these, http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages...orthotics.html, they definitely help although I still have some pain. When I am wearing them my feet feel pretty good, when I take them off and especially when I first get up in the morning my feet are in a bit of pain. Considering going to a pediatrist or goodfeet.com, something has to help even more than these do, I hope.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Robert_W
Tourer

Schedule an appointment with a Certified Pedorthist. You can find one near you by going to http://www.abcop.org. (I think that is the web sight). You will probably need a prescription. The practitioner will evaluate your feet and determine what is accommodating for your feet.

Bob.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Backwoods store in Tulsa will have a very good selection of inserts, if you don't find one you like more locally. As an aside, when you wear lace-up style boots it is a good practice to either tie the loops in several overhand knots in order to shorten them ,or to stuff everything down into the laces. This will prevent even the off-chance of getting a loop hung up on a shifter as you try to put your foot down. This will only ever occur while your bike is starting to lean to that side.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jberg
I think you can buy inserts from most shoe stores that have higher arches built in.
Redwing supports are worth the $50. As I recall they are quaranteed for 2 years, with-in that time, you can have them replace them free of charge.

Last edited by SleeplessinVegas; 02-15-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Larry the Landlord
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I have 2 much experiance in this, about a $1000 worth, lol.
First went to a podiatrist, $400 for inserts that were made off a mold of my feet. Helped for a little while. Next was the Good Feet store I believe, at 61st and Mingo,(Tulsa) they blew smoke up my *** and lightened me up $400, but they worked. Next tried Myers shoe repair in BA. Inserts $60-70 as I remember,they worked just as good as the Good Feet ones. I bought some plastic inserts at Big Lots for $2.00, they worked good too. I have figured out that I can not were the same shoes 2 days in a row, totate shoes and all is good. Hope this helps, I know it is awfully long.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
TexasFLHX
Road Master

I've spent hundreds of $$'s on this subject. 1st $400 for custom molded inserts. Then Dr. Scholl's, then i got smart and went to a good Podiatrist. Found out i had a pissed off Baxters nerve, took 6 visits and shots in my foot to kill off the end of the pissed off nerve. The Podiatrist recommended Power Steppers inserts. They run around $50.00 from the New Balance shoe store. Life time warranty.. now i can walk w/o pain. THERE IS A GOD!!!

Quick Reply: Arch supports