Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD rental in PA or NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:02 PM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No problem. I get bored sitting in my room here in Iraq anyway. It gave me something to do. (and I have free unlimited calling to the states, so dont worry about that) It seems a lot of dealers are doing away with rentals. Not sure why.

5'7" isnt that short. I would bet he would be fine is most stock bikes. My wife is 5'4" and rides a Dyna at stock height with just a reach seat, and she did ride it a couple times without the reach seat. Her main trouble was reaching the forward controls. Not sure what model you were looking at renting, but aim for either a Fatboy Low, Softail Deluxe or a Street Glide. All those bikes are lowered 1" from the factory and have floor boards. You will both be very comfortable on any of those 3 bikes I think. You have a Dyna at home, so try something different out while on vacation.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:05 PM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kgnker
x2 on Schaffers, great place to deal with

+3 on Schaffers!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Nordictat2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miketedesco
No problem. I get bored sitting in my room here in Iraq anyway. It gave me something to do. (and I have free unlimited calling to the states, so dont worry about that) It seems a lot of dealers are doing away with rentals. Not sure why.

5'7" isnt that short. I would bet he would be fine is most stock bikes. My wife is 5'4" and rides a Dyna at stock height with just a reach seat, and she did ride it a couple times without the reach seat. Her main trouble was reaching the forward controls. Not sure what model you were looking at renting, but aim for either a Fatboy Low, Softail Deluxe or a Street Glide. All those bikes are lowered 1" from the factory and have floor boards. You will both be very comfortable on any of those 3 bikes I think. You have a Dyna at home, so try something different out while on vacation.
Iraq? How long ya been there?

Yeah, not sure why either but it's a major downer...

Well, the woman I spoke to did say she was pretty sure they were getting the Deluxe and Street glide but she couldn't tell me anything more than to check back on April 1st.
Yeah, that's what my husband had issues with too..but the Reach seat fixed that situation. I don't know 100% about the tech stuff of the bike but I do install things when I can and wash *her* hehe. It's funny people think I drive the bike lol I don't even have a drivers lic. it's so friggin' expensive here to get a drivers lic. of any kind that it surely has put me off..even more!
The deluxe is nice but I hateeee whitewall tires lol. It's almost a phobia heh I think.
Trying somethng different is something we wanted to do but all that depends on the seat heights etc...Time will tell.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:52 AM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've been over here for about 6 months. Should be home mid April.

The floor boards tend to set your feet back a little further than the foot pegs on the softail models which will be helpful to your husband. Although, the forward controls arent as far forward as the controls on your wide glide. My wife at 5'4" can reach my pegs with the stock seat just fine on my softail. I thing the dealers do tend toward the lower bikes for rentals because of some renters needing the lower height and nothing being modified. Good luck getting something.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:39 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by miketedesco
I've been over here for about 6 months. Should be home mid April.

The floor boards tend to set your feet back a little further than the foot pegs on the softail models which will be helpful to your husband. Although, the forward controls arent as far forward as the controls on your wide glide. My wife at 5'4" can reach my pegs with the stock seat just fine on my softail. I thing the dealers do tend toward the lower bikes for rentals because of some renters needing the lower height and nothing being modified. Good luck getting something.

Hey just wanted to say, thank you for serving!

If any of you people get around the Hazleton Area, look me up, maybe we can ride!