Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD rental in PA or NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Lucky7
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ord sgt
Barb's H-D in West Collingswood, N.J. has rentals. There is a boutique in Philadelphia airport. More info can be obtained there when you arrive.
+1 On Barb's they are absolutely great to deal with, and they have a ton of bikes to choose from. Probably about 25 min from Philadelphia International depending on who's driving. Good luck.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Nordictat2
Advanced

@ luc.who....
Will be there from 26th May to 16th June.

@ Low Wider...no ****? I find that strange for such a big store/company Our local Harley store (in Norway) is sooooo small...they only have 8 bikes on display and the clothing etc is VERY limited. So most of the time...any time I/we want something I wait til I am back in PA or buy it off ebay.

I wrote to Barb's yesterday but still no reply yet. Drexel Hill (where we will be staying) isn't that far from Hannums or Barb's so both shops. I always liked the vibe in Media's Hannum's a bit better than in Chadds Ford. Willie who works in parts is a very nice guy and the gals in the clothing section were very nice as well..I didn't get the same vibe from the Chadds Ford shop though.

Thanks again for your opinions though

Old 02-16-2010, 06:22 AM
firefighter75
Advanced

I'm 5 minutes from Barb's. If you rent from there, let me know when and if you'd like company for the ride, the woman and I would be happy to join you. A ride up the River Road in Bucks County would be awesome that time of year!

Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 AM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would have suggested Hannums in Chadds Ford. I know last year they still rented, but apparently they stopped. It seems that most dealers have stopped renting around here. I have rented from Susquehanna in Harrisburg before and they stopped renting about a year ago. I have no idea why they all are doing away with rentals. The guys I have talked to in the dealerships have said it always seemed to be a great business.

Here is the link to Harleys rental page. It keeps getting tougher to find.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...ent-a-bike.jsp

According to it, Hannums in Chads Ford still rents, along with Brians and Shaffers. Shaffers is a good bit further than Brians though. Hannums is definitely the easiest.

Not too sure what you and your husband will have going on while here, but on June 12th there is going to be a show up in Pottsville at a fire co run by StreetBob08. If you check the regional forum, there are details. Might be a nice ride for you, and even stop in Americas oldest brewery (Yuengling) for a tour and a couple beers before the show.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:10 AM
Nordictat2
Advanced

Firefighter.. Sounds good, I'll keep ya posted

Mike.. I never heard back from Barb's or Hannum's..pretty rude if you ask me!
Funny enough we have the Yuengling brewery on our list of things to do..I so miss that beer. It was my beer of choice aside from Heineken. ;p

I just hope we get the chance to rent a bike but so far..not having any luck!!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 AM
miketedesco
Tourer

I will look up Hannums phone number and give them a call today for you. I will post what I find out a little later today.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 AM
miketedesco
Tourer

I just got off the phone with Hannums in Chadds Ford. They said that they usually stop rentals for the winter, then start back up in the spring. This year it does not look like they will be doing rentals, but it is not definite. I would try calling them again in April or so. The guy also said he didnt know of any dealers in the area that are going to be renting this year.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:30 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bergen Harley Davidson in NJ does rentals. the price for renting is ok but the deposit you have to put down is outragious.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh and Happy anniversary

Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Nordictat2
Advanced

Mike...Thanks alot for calling and finding out for me. Very kind of ya Why on earth would they stop renting? People come from Europe, etc. all the time and rent bikes. I know of a quite a few that are going this year that are going on fly n ride vacations. Pfff and Hannums saying no one in the area renting bikes is a lie. Barb's is and they aren't THAT far away.
I did get to talk to someone from Barb's (Thank's ED) and they won't know what bikes they will get in til April 1st and the booking info. will be online on that day as well but it's not looking good because all the bikes are stock and my husband is on the short side (5'7'') so finding a bike that he can fully reach the ground with his feet...might be a problem. We have the *reach* seat on ours and it's perfect but that's not a stock seat, sadly. *sigh* but regardless..thanks for all the help guys

Biggdogg...thank you not for a few months yet but thanks hehe.

Quick Reply: HD rental in PA or NJ?