General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eye wear

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Robmitch49
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vonzoog
So you are saying if you need reading glasses only then this procedure it not going to work?
No, I am saying that after about age 50 or so there are other age related changes in the lens in eyes that often times requires reading glasses. A good doctor could give you a lot better explanation. There is a lot of very good information on the web. I researched it for a couple months. If you want I can email you some links with information.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
vonzoog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will do a Google on this, again.

My eye sight is good and I only need reading glasses for anything within a couple of feet of me. I have the classic situation of needing reading glasses as you get older. Only use them when on the computer. I have never gotten a straight answer from anyone if lazik will work for people who only need reading glasses.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by vonzoog
Thanks, I will do a Google on this, again.

My eye sight is good and I only need reading glasses for anything within a couple of feet of me. I have the classic situation of needing reading glasses as you get older. Only use them when on the computer. I have never gotten a straight answer from anyone if lazik will work for people who only need reading glasses.
For your situation I believe the tech term is monovision. Google that and Lasik for info.

I found bifocal wrap-around sunglasses at our local supermarket for $20. Work great

Old 02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
pcecil
Stage I

Sportrx has all kinds of ph and others. good prices also
Been using them for years

Old 02-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Hot Rod
2nd Gear

Classicgoggles.com will solve your problem good stuff

Old 03-04-2010, 08:43 AM
FLS2FLH
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have any experience with these? I just ordered them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

most ppl need reading glasses after reaching about 40-45, lasik will not fix the need for reading glasses. my wife is an optican who works for an eye surgeon and she can get lasik for free, she won't because nobody tells you the things that go wrong only the good stuff about it. now ppl who have it and no problems love it, but the ppl with problems oboy. I say beware and do your homework.
And what riding glasses do I wearwally world cocoons 20 bucks. the wife keeps say she will get me some "cool" glasses for riding (yea sure)

Old 03-04-2010, 04:42 PM
otha1947@tds.net
3rd Gear

Bass pro shop has glasses very similar for $40. The ear pieces are thin and seem comfortable when trying them in the shop. I am trying to make up my mind about going back and getting them.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Bill RG
Novice

Originally Posted by dreamer65
most ppl need reading glasses after reaching about 40-45, lasik will not fix the need for reading glasses. my wife is an optican who works for an eye surgeon and she can get lasik for free, she won't because nobody tells you the things that go wrong only the good stuff about it. now ppl who have it and no problems love it, but the ppl with problems oboy. I say beware and do your homework.
And what riding glasses do I wearwally world cocoons 20 bucks. the wife keeps say she will get me some "cool" glasses for riding (yea sure)
Aging sucks - I was told that lasik would be a waste of money for me. I used to just wear sun glasses and I liked the motorcycle goggles for hiway riding. Now, especially doing more travelling and working less, I need corrective lenses for distance and reading glasses to keep an eye on the GPS - so I now use my bifocal transitions but even with the windshield my eyes get sore doing long stretches on the hiway.

I am looking to see what I can find for frames that I can have my Rx lenses put into - will have to check some of the links provided.

The other pain with the transition lenses - the brighter it gets, the darker the lenses, the harder to see the GPS!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:14 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

I went in to see if I qualify for lasiks surgery. A free consultation. I was treated like a king while I was in there....they offered me coffee, juice, bottled water a snack.....everything but a filet and a lay. lol Once they tested me and figured out that I'm wasn't a good candidate for the surgery they rushed me out the door like I was a homeless person begging for money. LOL Its funny how unimportant you become when the dollar signs disappear. lol

Quick Reply: eye wear