General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy a used Harley off of eBay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:08 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure! I would get as much info as possible. Maybe try and find one within a couple hundred miles so you could go look at it. If you can't go see it your taking a chance but if you email the seller ask for there phone number and give them a call.
I've bid on several but I'm always looking for HD's I can pick up at trade in value or close to it. I have found that the reserve prices are on the high side and if I'm going to pay retail I'll go to a dealer or find one local.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

I bought the bike pictured below on Ebay. Great price. No problems. Great Bike.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought my last Harley on eBay. It was in Cookeville, Tn. The cost of flying there and riding it back was the cost of a neat mini-vacation. The bike was perfect.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:16 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ebay

Ebay is where you sell, Craigslist is where you buy!

The bikes on Ebay seem to high!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:23 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to buy and sell dirt bikes on Ebay. Buy em broke fix them and resell for a profit. my best deal I had to drive from Dallas Tex to Jackson Miss for a package deal for like 1500. The guy was closing up shop. He just kept giving me stuff, and piling more and more onto my truck and trailer. I ended up with 4 3 wheelers. 3 mopeds, 2 kids dirtbikes, 3 4wheelers, one of which was a brand new sundiro 80cc, that wouldnt run because they didnt know that it had a safety tether kill switch in the back not connected, and all the parts to get them all runnning. plus many extra parts.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe you have the right to back out of the deal upon inspection on pick up.
I dont do it anymore. Not profitable like it used to be. People now want full price for a ragged out, parts missing, piece of crap.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:29 PM
ImNoPrince
Road Captain

Bought mine from E-bay . I was lucky enough to know someone in the area so they went and took a quick look at it for me. Everything was good and I got a Great Deal. Best Part was payment wasn;t needed for a few days after so i got to go up and see it myself before handing over the Check.

Heck if it was one I really wanted I'm sure I could find someone here on the Forums to go take a Look and give me a report. I know I would do the same if someone needed me to go and the seller was OK with it as well.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:41 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up Like this Idea..

[QUOTE=ImNoPrince;6249361]Bought mine from E-bay . I was lucky enough to know someone in the area so they went and took a quick look at it for me. Everything was good and I got a Great Deal. Best Part was payment wasn;t needed for a few days after so i got to go up and see it myself before handing over the Check.

Heck if it was one I really wanted I'm sure I could find someone here on the Forums to go take a Look and give me a report. I know I would do the same if someone needed me to go and the seller was OK with it as well.[/QUOTE]

I would gladly do this for anyone within a reasonable radius for sure .. Might make a good sticky for a topic..

Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts

I bought one of my bikes on EBAY. I sent a message to the buyer and asked him to agree to take it to a local dealer for inspection before I paid more than the deposit.He agreed, I was the high bidder, the dealer checked it out and did a full service on it and then arrranged for shipping. All in all, I got a great deal.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:50 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

If you do an advanced search history on ebay you'll find not many make it to reserve.

Wishful sellers I guess, buyers market right now , I'm keeping my eyes peeled but got to see

it and feel right about it before cash trades hands,

Old 02-13-2010, 11:00 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

i cant see why not!! i would if i was in america, my friend bought of new zealand equivalent site no probs,i was looking for one online but found one localy first otherwise i would of!

Quick Reply: Would you buy a used Harley off of eBay?