General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 08:49 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, in the middle of all this outrage over Lane's 6 years, I'm trying to figure out why I haven't heard **** about the Cleveland Brown's Donte Stallworth being convicted of DUI Manslaughter for killing a pedestrian...

The guy got 30 DAYS, and only served 28...

Suspended from playing for the '09 season and was just reinstated so he can play again next season...

THAT my friends is a fckn SLAP on the wrist...

Old 02-13-2010, 08:54 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Personally, in the middle of all this outrage over Lane's 6 years, I'm trying to figure out why I haven't heard **** about the Cleveland Brown's Donte Stallworth being convicted of DUI Manslaughter for killing a pedestrian...

The guy got 30 DAYS, and only served 28...

Suspended from playing for the '09 season and was just reinstated so he can play again next season...

THAT my friends is a fckn SLAP on the wrist...
A F*CKING MEN to that!! Damn pro athletes

Old 02-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Red9
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Not like he set out to kill anybody. No criminal intent. He drove drunk, just like so many of the people right here on this board have done at one time or other.
If you don't get in a wreck, you sleep off your hangover at home.
If you do get in a wreck, you become a dangerous killer who set out to murder.

There is a difference between hurting somebody on purpose, or on accident. So easy to lock up a stranger for life, but if it's your brother or your mother then it becomes different.
Pathetic how people so easily condemn others for doing the same thing they do themselves.
No, I will agree he didn't hurt anyone on purpose. No intent either.

He is simply guilty of stupidity and not giving a **** about anyone other than himself. And as for using the 'we all did it' defense, let me know how that works out for you. So just because you woke up in bed after your 1,000th hangover you're good to give it a try again? What the hell kind of thinking is that?

I will agree with you on your other point though. It is too easy to lock up a stranger for life. Should be a pill or needle that can be used instead.

Just last week we had a poor drunk fella sideswipe a family in their parked SUV...it was his 24th conviction. If he had been put to sleep after the second one, would have saved us a hell of a lot of money and the 3rd one wouldn't have happened.

Lee

Old 02-13-2010, 11:28 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

i never drink when i ride!! on the tv shows he always dunk and rode! even when he stopped for gas he would have a brew! the last build off i seen him in he was going against a christian guy and appeared to be drinking lots just to aggrevate this guy!! it was shortly after that i heard about his drunken crash and jail term!!
i dont think he would of had that much money would he?? his shop was choppers inc

Old 02-13-2010, 11:47 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What? I guess you like to D&D.

Originally Posted by BennieSG
The only thing pathetic is this response

Old 02-13-2010, 11:51 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by GMbagger
What? I guess you like to D&D.
WTF? Where did you get idea from?

Old 02-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member

"Sean Morelock, who has been most affected by the death of his Uncle Gerald said that he had come to realize that Lane could do positive things to help children and felt that would have been what his uncle would have wanted."

http://www.mikeodom.name/2009/08/15/...dly-crash-case

Old 02-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Snarly
He's not out of the woods yet, from what I read. He faces a nasty suit by the family, which could wipe out any assets.
The civil suit was settled long before the criminal trial.

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2007/07...-out-of-court/

Lane's attorneys did not want them making a stink during the trial so they settled before the criminal case ever came to court.

The criminal case was also basically settled before trial and Lane mounted NO defense of his actions. In return he got 6 years.

He had a great team of attorneys.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:03 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NO...Stallworth had a GREAT team of attorneys...28 days in jail and a 1 year suspension from playing pro ball, as punishment for DUI manslaughter...the same charge Lane drew 6 years for...and people want to say Lane got off light?

Hell, Michael Vick got 21 months in prison for dog fighting!

Old 02-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He is simply guilty of stupidity and not giving a **** about anyone other than himself. And as for using the 'we all did it' defense, let me know how that works out for you. So just because you woke up in bed after your 1,000th hangover you're good to give it a try again? What the hell kind of thinking is that?
Never said I do it, or condone it. Didn't say it should go unpunished either.

But serving buku years ain't gonna solve anything. He wasn't a criminal. He just went out for a good time and used poor judgement by driving afterwards. I've done that before. I don't do it now. I'm no crook.

Have you NEVER driven when you could blow an .08? Ever?
Well you deserve to be in jail then! (using your logic).

Wasn't his victim just as drunk as he was?

Quick Reply: What happened