General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Traffic Light working...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
GVDobler
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do you get a stop sign? What was hard about making it work, like what is the voltage etc.

I have seen the kind people have that are reproductions, but having a real one is neat.

Last edited by GVDobler; 02-12-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
usmcbay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GVDobler
Where do you get a stop sign? What was hard about making it work, like what is the voltage etc.

I seen the kind people have that are reproductions, but having a real one is neat.
It was one of two that I obtained after an accident of some sort plowed them over. The replacement was put up and I watched the broken one lay there for several weeks... I talked with a buddy that said eventually DOT clean up crews will dispose of it... so... right or wrong I saved them the trouble. Out of the two I was able to make the one that works.

The same model is available at http://www.trafficlights.com/ and it all runs off of 120v like any other light.

I know where there's a single yellow on the ground now... it's been there for months.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CroK
I like how ya got the coke machine on wheels, then roll it in front of the door to keep unwanted visitors away!

Yer traffic light brought back memories of younger hippy days. You were cool if you had a traffic light in yer room, and if by chance you happened to score a fire hydrant you were beyond cool! Far out dude!
I remember an accident across from my friends house.The fire dept. let my friends and I have the hydrant. It was very heavy.We got a wheel barrel and took it home. I think the hydrant is still in my buddies parents yard.

The traffic light is cool too

Old 02-12-2010, 03:20 PM
usmcbay
Cruiser

I remember seeing a hydrant on the side of the road half under water on it's side back in the mid 90's... I have a FD friend that has one in his front yard as a landscape ornament.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Big Rol
Road Captain

Awesome shop, this would work good with your lift

Attached Thumbnails Got my Traffic Light working...-13008-20scissor-20jack.jpg  
Old 02-12-2010, 06:25 PM
wctom
Cruiser

Originally Posted by usmcbay
It was one of two that I obtained after an accident of some sort plowed them over. The replacement was put up and I watched the broken one lay there for several weeks... I talked with a buddy that said eventually DOT clean up crews will dispose of it... so... right or wrong I saved them the trouble. Out of the two I was able to make the one that works.

The same model is available at http://www.trafficlights.com/ and it all runs off of 120v like any other light.

I know where there's a single yellow on the ground now... it's been there for months.
They have the traffic lights for sale at the local flea market here. $40. The dealer says the state is replacing all the old lights with LED traffic lights, so they're pretty much giving them away.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:45 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,446 Likes on 2,596 Posts

Got a friend that works for the county here give me one.It's made of plastic,lightweight.My kids play red light green light a lot.All the games and toys they have and they still play with the light.