General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jacket Storage

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought an old wood gun case with glass front door at a garage sale, put two metal hooks on the inside back. Hanging by the collar never bother my heavy jacket and then it's always on "display" (LOL) in the garage.

Currently have it apart to paint black with orange trim. Can't imagine where I came up with that theme.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Mr springer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just flick off the big bug chunks and hang it. Never ever wash or clean your leathers ,bug guts are the creators natural waterproofing system.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Have that girl in you avatar wear it, she looks cold standing in front of the fridge.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:04 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Put it on a hanger in the closet and be done. It's a jacket-not a bike. By the way I love your avitar.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:11 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one of those big wooden hangers ... you won't get the shoulder points you were talking about with one of these.

Most of the time, I just throw mine (fox creek) on the floor or couch. And don't be neat about it ... just chuck it ... this will aid in the break in process.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

My Icon is hanging on a barstool back in my kitchen and my Harley one is laying across the seat of my Arctic Cat 4 wheeler in the garage. Never really thought about it much really.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

You can get those padded hangers from any home store. They're about a dollar each when you buy ten and they don't damage your leather...

Old 02-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CroK
Just throw it on the floor in back of the closet, or in the trunk of the cage. When spring comes around, the shine may have worn off, and you'll begin to see what biker attire is supposed to look like...

This is the only sensible response. I throw mine on the garage floor as soon as I take it off, and usually kick it a few times just for good measure.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

The Harley dealers have some good hangers. Every time I buy something there, even a tee shirt, I tell them I need a hanger for it and they say fine. I use those wide HD hangers mainly for cloth coats and my lighter leather jackets. My best riding jackets sleep piled on the floor in a corner of the closet.

I don't like to leave them in the garage because when I lived in Houston I left my boots in the garage and they ended up covered with mildew or mold. Humid, humid, humid.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 PM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a large room in the basement that keeps all the motorcycle leather and the fishing/hunting gear.. Everything has it's type of hanger.. but the important thing, in this room anyway, is air circulation.. I put a small $10.00 fan from wally world to keep the air circulating in that room.. it keeps down the mold and mildew.. I have to keep the door locked because of all the danger that lerks in there for those not trained and skilled..

Quick Reply: Leather Jacket Storage