General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I wear a vest with patches all the time.
19.36%
I have a vest with patches, but rarely wear it.
15.96%
It depends on my mood, and who I'm with.
14.26%
They make nice wall decorations.
17.66%
What's a patch?
32.77%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Patch, or no patch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patch, or no patch?

Theres only one way to find out......... http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~sarahfsk/dork.html

Old 07-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,
I wear a vest sometimes.......it's a Coronado and it's..... BROWN!!......is that allowed???

It's made for concealed carry and you can stick a full-blown .45 auto in either or both sides of the inner-liner and probably not be able to tell it's there..........

You don't have to carry and I found out on long road trips that you can stash more junk in there than you want with all the other pockets on it too............

camera, extra eyewear, chapstick, sun lotion, cell phone, unlimited maps etc. etc. etc.

It will haul a lot of stuff right there where it's easy to get to and all with short sleeves for the hot.

What's a patch? I don't even wear a Gimmee Cap..................

Regards,
Draggin S

Old 07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Jular2
Road Captain

People who wear patches are not necessarily dorks--people who think people that wear patches are dorks are--well make your own conclusions on that--anyhow--Like everything else, one tends to go overboard in the beginning and I was no exception. I now have a very nice Harley (that equals expensive) leather vest with my local HOG Rocker and HOG patch on it that I wear to the meetings. You can't win the money 50/50 unless you are wearing your patch--I also wear it on HOG rides. My Chapter, 694 actually has a great bunch of people and I have lots of friends there.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:49 PM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wanted to type the word "dork".. dork dork dork dork dork. boy, that was fun.
I think the important thing is to get what you want and wear what you want especially if you got it yourself. When I was home on R and R, I walked into Mt Cheaha HD with my wife. We were killing time between my kid's baseball tournament in the area. There was a guy standing there in khaki pants, wearing a boonie cap that was embroidered with the names of a bunch of FOBs over here. He had on a jacket with a huge scorpion on back and patches from units all over it. The jacket had the name of the FOB in a rocker under the scorpion. I looked at his shirt he had on and the front of it said "Balad, 2005....been there, done that, made it back with my as$ intact". I had been watching him for a long time. When he was off to the side, away from the crowd that he had gathered, I walked up and said, " Hi, man. When did you leave Balad? I was there not long ago, maybe we know some of the same folks." His reply was, "I haven't been there, my friend sent me this stuff." I am not saying that he was pulling these folks legs, I didn't hear the conversation. But, it just didn't seem right. He turned and walked away, got his wife and left. I buy hats and stuff for my friends, especially HD t-shirts. I hope they think of me when they wear em. I am sure that this guy meant no harm, but like I said before, it just didn't feel right.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wear a doo rag because of my hair. I get serious helmet head without it and you'd all die laughing if you saw it.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Captain Harley
Advanced

Very rarely ride with out my vest. Pins, but no patches. In the past when patch or patches were mentioned. They were referring to
club colors. Colors are definitely not my style, FreeRider to the end.....

Old 07-26-2006, 05:31 PM
2k3hog
Cruiser

Maybe we could get a DORK patch; or even start a Dork MC...................j/k!

Old 07-26-2006, 08:48 PM
haksaw
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2k3hog

Maybe we could get a DORK patch; or even start a Dork MC...................j/k!
now THERE's an idea. Dorks forever. Forever Dorks. DFFD

Who's gettin the first tattoo?

Old 07-26-2006, 09:04 PM
springerGT
Road Master

Dorks MC USA logo would be the deal. Mayby a skull with an Elvis hair do. Old english lettering complete with the patch for the no patch guy.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hi all, my name is Tripper and I'm a dork. I have 3 different vests and they're all covered with patches and I keep adding patches. Just cannot help myself; must be some kind of disease.

Quick Reply: Patch, or no patch?