General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A perk of riding a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010 | 02:49 PM
aqajr
Intermediate

I have both (CBR 1000RR, Road King) and wouldn't part with either. I'd say the comments are about equal with different crowds attacted to each bike. I love how when I'm on one and get ignored, there would be conversation if I were on the other.

Old 02-10-2010 | 03:02 PM
Big Rol
Road Captain

Funny timing, I started reading this thread at dinner time, went back to the shop and there was a guy and his son waiting to get an alt. fixed. The Bike was uncovered so my first thought was the rug rat would be all over it. To my surprise he said Mr.? can I look at your motorcycle? I said sure kid just be careful. I heard some ooohhhs and awes, neat wow etc.as I worked with a smile ( Harley owners like praise right ) He asked How fast will it go? Don't Know I replied probably never will, my speed demon days are over. Well funny bike for you he said, but it is an awesome color. Thanks I said I was going to go black but fell for the red when I seen it. Red he said... its blue! I looked around the corner and he drooling over my old VF750F, the tank, chin spoiler, seat were hanging on the wall, no sigs, side panel missing etc. but he spied the NO FEAR emblem on the windshield. didn't even know the softail was there. His dad had quite a grin on his face. Go figure.

Old 02-10-2010 | 03:13 PM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by sightseer
I was riding my bike yesterday in downtown Fullerton, CA. At a stop on Commonwealth Avenue, a young lady at the other corner along my direction was smiling and had her right thumb up. First time I experienced this. I just got my Harley last December. Having a solo seat, I do not have room for a passenger. It felt really good riding.

Relax, ride safely, and enjoy God's creations.
Perks..... hmmmmmm..... well even my 8 yr old grandson doesn't have any trouble pickin up chicks when he is riding with me and we make a few stops.... hehe!!!

Old 02-10-2010 | 03:22 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by krwould
Perks..... hmmmmmm..... well even my 8 yr old grandson doesn't have any trouble pickin up chicks when he is riding with me and we make a few stops.... hehe!!!
I think my harley is my son who is 8 future dating strategy . He asked if when he was in middle A perk of riding a Harley-kido.jpgschool and high school if I could drop him off on it. Then he said you are going to give it to me when I am 16 and buy a bigger one.
I told him no way. I was getting him an OBO cause I don't want to be a grandma when he is 17. He had no idea what I was talking about.

Yep an obo. He already looks like a bad *** at 8.

Old 02-10-2010 | 03:47 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by lizdc
I think my harley is my son who is 8 future dating strategy . He asked if when he was in middle Attachment 95020school and high school if I could drop him off on it. Then he said you are going to give it to me when I am 16 and buy a bigger one.
I told him no way. I was getting him an OBO cause I don't want to be a grandma when he is 17. He had no idea what I was talking about.

Yep an obo. He already looks like a bad *** at 8.
Hahaha!!! They grow up fast now don't they!!! They know whats coool!

Old 02-10-2010 | 03:50 PM
BezerkoBob
Road Master

I've had women ask if they could ride with me at stop lights and such. Unfortunately, my answer is always same...."I don't think my wife would understand." Ahhhh, to be young and single again.

Old 02-10-2010 | 03:52 PM
krwould
Club Member

Ohhh yeah... nothin p!sses off my OL more is to hear someone else was sittin on HER seat!! Hehe!

Old 02-10-2010 | 03:57 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by lizdc
If you are single you might want reconsider that seat.. There are those of us girls that love riders. There are those who love bikes and want to become a rider. But many who want a ride on back.
Glad I got room behind me. My life is so much better since I got back riding ;^) These things are magnets

Old 02-10-2010 | 04:00 PM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned

I'll get the thumbs up from the kiddies and the "Nice bike" at the red lights but the best by far is the New Orleans Flash from the ladies as I ride by.

Old 02-10-2010 | 04:08 PM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

Originally Posted by davescreation
i get a lot of little kids in cages giving me thumbs up from the car seats. i soot em the thumb right back and their smiles makes me enjoy my ride that much more
+1...I will usally ride next to them for a bit.....

Quick Reply: A perk of riding a Harley