General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G. Chapters

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
This was back in 2006 in the early and busiest days of the PGR. I was at a chapter meeting and several members commented on my vest patches and asked about the PGR. I explained who and what we were and they suggested I seek time to explain the PGR to the general chapter membership. So after the meeting, I asked the chapter director if I could have a few minutes at the next meeting, or write up something for the chapter newsletter.

I was told no because "not everyone supports the war" and "HOG National doesn't allow 'competing' clubs to be officially discussed at their functions". Both excuses were repugnant as not every PGR member supports the war and National HOG offers the PGR space at their national rally.

When asked about the PGR again after the same meeting by other members, I told them I wasn't allowed to bring it up. They went to the director and asked why. It was then determined that I should not wear the vest with PGR patches to chapter functions.

My last function with that group was the next month at the annual toy run. I flew a 3x5 PGR flag on my Wide Glide and passed out every business car and PGR tri-fold flier I had.
Wll you can not fix stupid. All of this PS crap is just unbelievable. But because of jackasses like that is why the PGR is important. I enjoy being a HOG member but would love to hear what the national chapter says.

To better weather.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

i banned myself to!! lol try hard wannabe 1%ers arent they,

Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know anyone from my local chapter (which I belong to because I enjoy the Charity runs) who thinks of himself 1%er, RUB's? some, probably, but nice guys 90% of the sample...

I remember just one time in 11 years in which a member was asked politely not ever returning to meetings and events (he got wasted and insulted another member's wife in a meeting, then when he was offered with the chance to apologize he insulted the "honor and justice comitee officer", who happens to be a LEO. Things turned ugly that one time because that guy bragged about getting his piece from his bike and kill him... The officer defused the situation, just by sayin': "you're drunk, you know where to find me tomorrow, see you there if you still feel the same way about this"... he never showed up again, he was informed that he was no longer welcome, the patches where requested and he sent 'em w/o any further issues...

Mimo.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:15 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

patches? rockers?

Old 02-10-2010, 05:37 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by jessemoya
Geez, now I can appreciate that not all HOG chapters are created equally! I'm new to Harley and just assumed that everyone had a national HOG membership and hung out with some sort of local crew. I really lucked out and just happen to live near a really, really awesome HOG chapter!

As a matter of fact, I tell people that having this really supportive and knowledgeable social club is a large part of the reason I'm glad I chose Harley over Triumph!

There are a lot of differences between the general members, but we all have at least one thing in common! Sportsters are not treated with less respect, our Director is a stand-up guy that we all admire, and it's no problem approaching less capable riders and giving pointers because we're all adults and there's no need to be defensive when the other person approaches you like a pal.

I'm moving across the country this year and I have really high standards for my next motorcycle club. I hope after bad experiences you guys are/have been able to find better folks to ride with!
LOL, HOG ain't a motorcycle club.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
They AINT ??????

Unforunately it says "COULD", NOT will.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:58 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You mean that "Prospect" rocker I've been wearing under my HOG rocker doesn't mean anything? There goes two years I'll never get back.......

Originally Posted by pococj

Old 02-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
you mean that "prospect" rocker i've been wearing under my hog rocker doesn't mean anything? There goes two years i'll never get back.......
lmao!

Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in fear that the "chapter police" will come in the night and take my HOG tat off with a grinder..............................wait don't have a HOG tat.......never mind.....back to the scotch

Old 02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by turtleman57
I live in fear that the "chapter police" will come in the night and take my HOG tat off with a grinder..............................wait don't have a HOG tat.......never mind.....back to the scotch
Dude, you need to lay off the booze! You risk having a weak moment and agreeing to attend Saturday's exhilarating chapter ride to the local pancake house.

Quick Reply: H.O.G. Chapters