General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.O.G. Chapters

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by will2002
Why did they do something that .........STUPID?
This was back in 2006 in the early and busiest days of the PGR. I was at a chapter meeting and several members commented on my vest patches and asked about the PGR. I explained who and what we were and they suggested I seek time to explain the PGR to the general chapter membership. So after the meeting, I asked the chapter director if I could have a few minutes at the next meeting, or write up something for the chapter newsletter.

I was told no because "not everyone supports the war" and "HOG National doesn't allow 'competing' clubs to be officially discussed at their functions". Both excuses were repugnant as not every PGR member supports the war and National HOG offers the PGR space at their national rally.

When asked about the PGR again after the same meeting by other members, I told them I wasn't allowed to bring it up. They went to the director and asked why. It was then determined that I should not wear the vest with PGR patches to chapter functions.

My last function with that group was the next month at the annual toy run. I flew a 3x5 PGR flag on my Wide Glide and passed out every business car and PGR tri-fold flier I had.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:42 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Some people just have chit for brains!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I get a kick out of all the HOG haters even though they've never even belonged to a chapter and don't know anything about it except what they see. If someone belongs to a chapter and doesn't like it fine, but kinda silly to be bashing them when you don't know anything about it.

I belong to a HOG chapter, a flying club and a cycling club and guess what??!! They all have personality clashes! Wow, who would have thunk. If someone doesn't like a chapter, why not try to find another as opposed to going to the opposite extreme and bashing them all?

Old 02-09-2010, 12:20 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm with you on this and that would have been my last meeting too. Maybe the director was just an idiot, but I would have followed up with National HOG and see what they said. If he what he said was BS you should have called him on it. HOG and the PGR aren't "competing" clubs.

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
This was back in 2006 in the early and busiest days of the PGR. I was at a chapter meeting and several members commented on my vest patches and asked about the PGR. I explained who and what we were and they suggested I seek time to explain the PGR to the general chapter membership. So after the meeting, I asked the chapter director if I could have a few minutes at the next meeting, or write up something for the chapter newsletter.

I was told no because "not everyone supports the war" and "HOG National doesn't allow 'competing' clubs to be officially discussed at their functions". Both excuses were repugnant as not every PGR member supports the war and National HOG offers the PGR space at their national rally.

When asked about the PGR again after the same meeting by other members, I told them I wasn't allowed to bring it up. They went to the director and asked why. It was then determined that I should not wear the vest with PGR patches to chapter functions.

My last function with that group was the next month at the annual toy run. I flew a 3x5 PGR flag on my Wide Glide and passed out every business car and PGR tri-fold flier I had.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:42 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Up until lately I have been EXTREMELY active in a local hog chapter. This year I made the mistake about becoming an officer and within the first three weeks I knew I had made a terrible mistake. There was constant drama over nothing, internal debates, and rules I was told I would have to enforce that were not enforced until now. I resigned and doubt it will ever be the same for me. It really is a shame because they are all good people.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a fan of hog. Too much stupid *** politics for a riding group. Instead of riding to supper they should for the most part ride to the gym.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain

there's only one HOG for me ... it's the "Wild Hogs" .... yep ... thats our little gang !

Old 02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
BJB
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

To paraphrase a great wit; I'd never want to belong to any organization that would possibly allow the likes of me to be a member.

I know that dealerships have deals where it is a significant % off on parts IF you are a member of their HOG chapter. Then again if found deals on things, 20% off a tach, that are just there if you stumble in off the road. My old time riding buddy belongs to the national, yet not to the Donahue St Cloud chapt. If he's too ornery I have no chance. I may crash a Brainerd Donahue meeting to get a feel. Lots of $$$$ people up there vs where I'm from.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by petemac
I get a kick out of all the HOG haters even though they've never even belonged to a chapter and don't know anything about it except what they see. If someone belongs to a chapter and doesn't like it fine, but kinda silly to be bashing them when you don't know anything about it.

I belong to a HOG chapter, a flying club and a cycling club and guess what??!! They all have personality clashes! Wow, who would have thunk. If someone doesn't like a chapter, why not try to find another as opposed to going to the opposite extreme and bashing them all?
There's a huge difference between a two-party personality clash and one party being an unpatriotic a$$hole.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:19 PM
mcneal
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled my RK behind the motorhome down to Overton Nevada last October & no sooner pulled into the RV park & an older fellow stopped on his H trike to talk...rode to Las Vegas with him & 5 or 6 other bikes one day & to Valley of The Fire State Park the next. A few days later at the H dealer in Roswell NM we met a couple from Edmonton AB Canada (we're from Vancouver canada)...rode with them for a few days & plan on hooking up next month in NM. Got a year free membership to H.O.G. when I purchased my RK last April but prefer meeting people by chance...Harleys attract Harleys!

Quick Reply: H.O.G. Chapters