General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Choppers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 AM
mstakern
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked the show where they took one person and they had to build a bike in so many days. If they did it they kept the bike. It was with Russel Mitchell, I can't remember the name of his shop.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I'm guessing that Sr. will make a run out of it, and try to keep the OCC name and brand alive on his own. He's a nutcase, but at least he's got somewhat of a work ethic, Jr. never had one, and neither did Mikey. Mikey was just there for "comedic relief". I don't think SR. will be able to keep going on the scale that OCC has been doing, but he may be able to put out a much smaller amount of bikes and still keep his shop and name.
paul jr. was a bum, he would've been fired by anyone he worked for. Now he's designing T-shirts and doggy toys. check out his website Paul jr designs LOL

Old 02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

I hope Rick goes in with Cody and Vinnie at V-Force. Between Vinnie and Rick I think they can fabricate/build about anything.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:26 PM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Good Riddance! That show was a total waste of time, time that a lot people will never get back. Sr. was a know-it-all tyrannt, Paulie has no work ethic at all, and Mikey, well he is just a waste of flesh....IMO

Old 02-09-2010, 12:36 PM
JnT4Life
Tourer

I remember seeing a video with Vinnie and Cody about V-Force customs and they were going to build the one bike and then concentrate on scooters.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Adacas
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dreamer65
paul jr. was a bum, he would've been fired by anyone he worked for. Now he's designing T-shirts and doggy toys. check out his website Paul jr designs LOL
Thats pretty funny

Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mstakern
I liked the show where they took one person and they had to build a bike in so many days. If they did it they kept the bike. It was with Russel Mitchell, I can't remember the name of his shop.

Ya that was a good show...the deal was they had to be able to do a burnout with the build in order to win the bike

Think this was it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INwCPT5oOOY

Old 02-09-2010, 01:23 PM
doghair
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dreamer65
check out his website Paul jr designs LOL
Now there's 60 seconds of my life I want back.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:43 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't know the assclowns were still on the air untill I read here about the plug finally being pulled...

And in the circles I ride and travel in, they've been considered a joke pretty much from the get go...

Fck em...

Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do hate to see a show remotely about bikes being cut….there aren’t many to begin with.

The show ending surely has to spell disaster for the company. No more insanely expensive corporate bikes if they don’t get an hour of advertisement to go with their purchase? They just built that giant new store and shop like what? Three years ago maybe?

There are a shitload of reruns to air though….. It’s on more than just Discovery where I’m at. Maybe it’s enough to keep them in business?

I would add that Mikey is a really likable enough guy, but man, what the hell? He’s got that huge house with a pool and he really never did anything to get it. Does he have some stake in the company like Paul Jr. that he gets by on? Seems like he was desperate for Jr.’s help when the split first happen…. And then he tried to demand more money from Sr. and Sr. flat out told him that he was paid very well for everything he had done and he wasn’t getting a dime more. His exploits since the split have been embarrassing in my opinion. What possibly prevents him from getting a real job and trying to do something productive?

Paul Jr…….at least he had some talent with the bike building. It was really disappointing to see him walk away from it as if he never really cared for bikes to begin with. I couldn’t have put up with Sr.’s screaming either though – even if Jr. was a bit of a prima donna.

Sr...... wow, what a dick, huh? I hope most of that screaming and pitching fits was for the show. I suppose Jr. leaving might indicate that it wasn’t just for drama’s sake. I was impressed with the way he put Mikey in his place when he came whining about the company owing him more money. That was some funny ****. I could see it from his perspective for once. Here these kids are given the opportunity of a lifetime and they just blow it off and don’t take it seriously.

Oh well….. maybe the aftermath will be on TMZ.

Quick Reply: American Choppers