General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Choppers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:44 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Now if they'll get rid of that tool on American Thunder and quit riding Victory's all the time.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
hommes
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BS

Everyhing on TV turns into something totally predictable. They get a formula and follow it until you get so sick of the same thing over and over that you stop watching. Then they find out we're not watching anymore and cancel the show. TV is BS.

I have a suggestion. There are probably hundreds bike builders out there. Give one episode to each one. Don't try to make a story. Don't try to make them successful. Just give them one shot...even if it looks stupid...let it air.

I think we would all appreciate a little truth just once.

Last edited by hommes; 02-09-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 AM
gmgwplus
Cruiser

A new show is coming out called Throttle Junkies.Guess who is on that? Vinnie and Cody.Both started a new company called V Force.I love watching bike building show but without all the nonsense.I don't mind a little humor to break things up but being informative would make a show last longer.I do remodeling and I do like watching shows about that.Maybe I learn something new or maybe I say what is the hak doing.Check the site out.I'm hoping it will be a hit and hopefully hollywood won't go to there heads.http://www.vforcecustoms.com/index.p...id=81&Itemid=1

6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

I loved the OCC fire fighter bike, and what I think it stood for,
but as for there shows I watched one, and I had to make
myself watch the next one and I haven't watched one sense.
I am surprised they lasted this long.

steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by hommes
Everyhing on TV turns into something totally predictable. They get a formula and follow it until you get so sick of the same thing over and over that you stop watching. Then they find out you're not watching anymore and cancel the show. TV is BS.

I have a suggestion. There are probably hundreds bike builders out there. Give one episode to each one. Don't try to make a story. Don't try to make them successful. Just give them one shot...even if it looks stupid...let it air.

AMEN TO THAT. and no FAKE deadlines or drama... there are enuf REAL problems building a bike that they don't need to make them up. parts backordered, made this thing 3 times and it's still not right... etc.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 AM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hommes
Pretty good suggestion hommes! That could make for some interesting viewing...
About OCC ending, that show has been dying a long, slow, agonizing death. It's past time to end it all... I just feel bad for the guys in the shop that will lose their jobs. That's tough.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 AM
jbe
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There used to be a show called the Biker Build Off. That was pretty good. 2 different builds each week.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer

Originally Posted by dreamer65
I agree, it's still better than "the new america thunder"
A case of the crabs would be better than "The new American Thunder"

Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh well, the begining years were great then the show just dragged on. Onto the next big fad I guess.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgwplus
A new show is coming out called Throttle Junkies.Guess who is on that? Vinnie and Cody.Both started a new company called V Force.I love watching bike building show but without all the nonsense.I don't mind a little humor to break things up but being informative would make a show last longer.I do remodeling and I do like watching shows about that.Maybe I learn something new or maybe I say what is the hak doing.Check the site out.I'm hoping it will be a hit and hopefully hollywood won't go to there heads.http://www.vforcecustoms.com/index.p...id=81&Itemid=1

I'd watch that,
When Vin left that was the end of OCC to me

Quick Reply: American Choppers