General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did OCC do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
rbdoherty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the rest of you folks, I watch the bike building parts mostly. Although Paul Jr's new line of dog toys looks great lol.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:16 PM
rallen
Cruiser

I liked the earlier episodes and thought Jr could design pretty well and Rick is the main guy that makes it all happen. Without him, they are done. Vinnie was good at putting it all together and doing the things Rick didn't, handlebars and exhausts. I always thought Rick and Vinnie should go into business and get rich building bikes. If my dad acted like Sr, I wouldn't talk to him, either. What an ***.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
swampfoto
Intermediate

Over a few short years they made a lot of money and the business grew. Sad to say money is the oil that keeps the machine moving. But, I've always been told, don't go into business with family. I just wonder how long that big new showroom will be filled with bikes and accessories before it too has a for sale sign in front of it.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:54 PM
wolfehog
Intermediate

I have watched probably all the episodes and have caught all of the reruns. It's all about the channel(network) making money. The latest episodes have painted Paul Sr. as less of a retard. I feel that they all or part of them will make some kind of a reconciliation. After all Paul Sr. & Paul Jr. are both in the fabrication of cooking grills. Mikey's draw is his humor, but I don't think he would make it on his own as a standup comic. By the way, what did happen to Vinnie?

Last edited by wolfehog; 02-08-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Moog Player
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ironass, try programming one of those machines! The designer and programmer are machinists. The guy loading material, pushing a button and removing the part when done is an entry level newb.
Making the first part requires serious talent. Making the next 10,000 takes a $5 an hour flunky.

BTW, I gave up on all the bike build shows years ago when they became drama over build. Didn't even know OCC was still on.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:22 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

Originally Posted by Moog Player
Hey Ironass, try programming one of those machines! The designer and programmer are machinists. The guy loading material, pushing a button and removing the part when done is an entry level newb.
Making the first part requires serious talent. Making the next 10,000 takes a $5 an hour flunky.

BTW, I gave up on all the bike build shows years ago when they became drama over build. Didn't even know OCC was still on.
Whoa big fella calm down...I'm not slammin on any CNC operators. I couldn't run one. All I'm sayin is you can go to school and learn to do that. It takes talent to be able to fabricate from scratch and you can't learn talent in any school that I've ever heard of.

I went to MMI and worked as a Harley Tech for a couple of years. They taught me how to fix bikes but not how to create em. That takes talent. I worked with a few guys that had it and what they did was magic.

Big difference between pushin buttons or turnin wrenches and actually creating something with your mind and your hands.

That's all I'm saying

Old 02-08-2010, 05:23 PM
CTXHeritage
6th Gear

Yeah, I'm with wolfehog, what did happen to Vinnie? I skipped a few of the drama episodes and when I was able to watch again, he was gone.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Donald A
Tourer

Anyone ever hear what happened to Nub the painter from early in the show. I thought he was a talented painter.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Softtail Deluxe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wolfehog
By the way, what did happen to Vinnie?
Vinnie and Cody paired off and started V-Force customs . http://www.vforcecustoms.com/ Dunno if they are doin any good or not .

Old 02-08-2010, 05:46 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I always enjoyed watching OCC for the entertainment factor. Some of their bikes were pretty nice looking too. I give Paul Sr credit coming from basically nothing to building the business he has. Too bad the show is ending because now I don't know what to watch while Im sitting around writing on the HD forums site :-)

Quick Reply: What did OCC do?