General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010 | 02:26 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
with all do respect to the LEO's on the board, the SAME exact reactions happen when a group of LEO's show up in most establishments but if an owner tried to ban police from enterign a premisies hed be met wit hsoem serious penelties from the town or police themsevles. go figure eh
you have a point there.....although the fear is different. I have dealt with this as well running bars. lets face it people drink and drive. No one likes the idea of johnny law watching them, (even knowing hes off duty) knowing they are drunk and then leaving to drive away.....That is fear from knowing we are about to break the law and probably well deserved fear....lol....I never liked when cops come hang out for a while during their patrol.....Dude, get out your costing me money!!!! but you cant say that for fear of retaliation

Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 02-06-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2010 | 04:32 PM
tinker1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fladawg01
There's a few bars here in the Carolinas that have signs at the doors "no colors" inside. It does help keep the peace to some degree. but if someone is going to get into it, they're going to do it colors or not.
We have a couple watering holes like that out here in Colorado also.

When they say "no colors" I assume they mean green... since they won't be getting much of that with signs like that.

Seriously, the more popular bars don't sport signs that exclude customers.

you have a point there.....although the fear is different. I have dealt with this as well running bars. lets face it people drink and drive. No one likes the idea of johnny law watching them, (even knowing hes off duty) knowing they are drunk and then leaving to drive away.....That is fear from knowing we are about to break the law and probably well deserved fear....lol....I never liked when cops come hang out for a while during their patrol.....Dude, get out your costing me money!!!! but you cant say that for fear of retaliation
Last year some one shot a video of the local chief of police downing 8 or 9 beers then driving away in his city paid for car. It was all over the news. He got canned. You have to wonder how much of that goes on though. No one says any thing for fear of retribution, and if a cop pull another cop over - well there's usually no ticket involved.

Last edited by tinker1; 02-06-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2010 | 05:01 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
That is the misdirection that I would expect from someone in denial.....no one is banning bikes....but you are in denial if you think that when you and six of your buddies (all sporting your cuts)walk into a bar, that the mood/energy doesnt change before the door closes.....if you think the group of 3 guys and two girls that you and your brothers sit next to arent intimidated then again, you are in denial!......you feel comfortable with your brothers.....most people are afraid of you....DOES THAT EVEN REGISTER WITH YOU....MOST PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF YOU!!!!.....bar owners are not saying YOU are not welcome in their bar. They are saying your colors are not allowed in because of the fear they instill in people.....I have run bars. I have watched first hand how having a gang enter the establishment changes the whole feeling of the atmosphere..."Tension in the air".....customers that were having a great time quiet down (out of fear).....and it shows in the cash register (bottom line).....That is the big picture for a bar owner plain and simple!!!! Your colors cost him money!!!.....But you feel no responsibility for the fact that you chose to be a black sheep.....or that you and your brothers DO scare people.....you seem to refuse to see any picture but your own!
I'm not in denial. I have not disagreed with anything you say, although if you think the purpose of being in a MC is to create fear you couldn't be more wrong. I'm truly sorry you feel so intimidated by patch holders. Sounds like you watch too much Sons of Anarchy.

All I'm saying is once the business owners succeed in keeping people out for what they are wearing, what is next? You don't have to wear a patch to live a 1% lifestyle. I've seen plenty of people that look VERY intimidating pulling up on a bike wearing jeans and a t-shirt with no club affiliation whatsoever.

I'm just trying to get you to look at the big picture here. Just because you don't wear a patch doesn't mean you won't be effected in some way by what these business owners are doing.

I'm done with this thread.

Old 02-06-2010 | 06:04 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Biggzed
I'm not in denial. I have not disagreed with anything you say, although if you think the purpose of being in a MC is to create fear you couldn't be more wrong. I'm truly sorry you feel so intimidated by patch holders. Sounds like you watch too much Sons of Anarchy.

All I'm saying is once the business owners succeed in keeping people out for what they are wearing, what is next? You don't have to wear a patch to live a 1% lifestyle. I've seen plenty of people that look VERY intimidating pulling up on a bike wearing jeans and a t-shirt with no club affiliation whatsoever.

I'm just trying to get you to look at the big picture here. Just because you don't wear a patch doesn't mean you won't be effected in some way by what these business owners are doing.

I'm done with this thread.
I know you said your done but, i must answer to your comment about me being scared....lol....I have handled numerous run-ins with gang members......(the drive by and shoot kind).....one incident comes to mind where a group of 20 of them had snuck in a minor and was feeding him alcohol. My security was afraid to even point out who had snuck him in and which one had provided the alcohol....so I stood alone, surrounded by the kind of guys that will leave you unconscious on the floor and 86'ed the involved parties.....was i afraid.....you bet your *** i was but i aint no *****.....PS. I love sons of anarchy!!!!......ok I'm done

Old 02-06-2010 | 06:35 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

I don't have problem with profiling. If this country was allowed to do more of it, we wouldn't have nearly the terrorist crap that goes on now. On the other hand, it's harassment. So, what's the answer? F**k if I know...

Old 02-06-2010 | 09:21 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
and what else do we expect from the biggest criminal organization in the country?
exactly.....