General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010 | 05:58 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned

I have patches on my cut, my club and support patches that are required by the club

Old 02-05-2010 | 06:25 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member

Profiling, descrimination. should be a cinch to beat in a court room. now a business owner has every right to do as he pleases..but the law, not so, those who enforce the law should be following the law, first and formost by upholding the constitution. every organization has the right to peacefully assemble..until they break the law there should not be an issue.
Hell, now i want to go buy tons of patches of every kind and slap them on a vest and go riding all over just to bother the cops. I can see this happening everywhere soon.

Old 02-05-2010 | 06:37 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

The patches they are talking about are 3 piece club patches I believe. It's not uncommon for Patch Holders to get hassled up in the northern part of the state. Just belonging to a club you get to meet allot of the LEO's from up there. The Motorcycle gang task force spends allot of time in that area.

Old 02-05-2010 | 06:50 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

The worse thing that came out of it was Wednesday bike night was moved from bar&grill Chuys to Sonic. SONIC??

The protest went off with no hassle or even arrests from what I can recall. Wife and I had breakfast at Mr. D's where some scary HOG members were eating. It was scary but we toughed it out. I do remember laughing at a helicopter circling the lot where we parked a couple of times. I guess when we came out of the diner and saw we do not wear patches they went looking for the real McCoy. LOL

This is what came out later as a reason for the video taping of bikers, no color policy being forced on businesses, etc. Whole thing was overkill IMO......
http://outlawbikers.blogspot.com/200...and-vagos.html

Old 02-05-2010 | 06:56 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh yeah.....20 Vagos and 6 HA's are harrassing Mohave County, the largest county in AZ. I'm sure I will someday but I have not even seen any of them since I moved here last March!

Old 02-05-2010 | 07:28 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

from the article indy classic linked to
All of the arresting officers wore body armor, Fritz helmets, fanny packs, canteens, and appeared to carry a basic load of approximately 900 rounds each.
900 rounds each, HOLY FAWK. where they expecting a firefight and armed insurection that would last days.

everytime i read of raids on clubs especialy 81 it seams theres ALOT of poltical grandstanding and "show of force" put on by the government for what a half dozen guys sittin around havin a beer. what a waste of tax dollars IMHO

Old 02-05-2010 | 09:11 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Biggzed
It's going to continue to get worse unless you get involved. Doesn't matter if you're a patch holder or not, get your voice heard. Get involved and make yourself aware through organizations like Bike Pac, NCOM, ABATE, etc.

If you just sit back and think it's only a problem for 3 piece clubs, you are in for a rude awakening in due time.

Zach
Bingo. There it is. Whenever I get or my Brothers get profiled and harassed, we document everything. Once johnny law is done violating my constitutional rights, all the paperwork gets turned over to my Club P. From there it goes to the COC lawyers.

Keep in mind that complaints against johnny go (or should go) into his personnel file. Enough complaints and something should happen to correct his errant behavior. Or his supervisor who is probably dictating how the traffic cop should do his job.

Old 02-05-2010 | 09:32 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Patches are no more than "vanity plates" that you wear.
Most cases they mean nothing or very little to anyone, other than the person who is wearing them.
JMO, & worth what ya paid.

Old 02-05-2010 | 10:13 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by gs34doc
Patches are no more than "vanity plates" that you wear.
Most cases they mean nothing or very little to anyone, other than the person who is wearing them.
That's the most ignorant thing I've read all day. I use the term ignorant due to the fact that you don't have a ****ing clue.

My patches are not for vanity. I earned them and they mean a whole lot to me. All PHrs feel just the same way. They aren't bought or given away, you earn them and will do whatever necessary to keep them.

You're ignorance around the wrong folks will get you an extremely painful education. One you won't forget.

Old 02-05-2010 | 10:18 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

Originally Posted by SgtMic
That's the most ignorant thing I've read all day. I use the term ignorant due to the fact that you don't have a ****ing clue.

My patches are not for vanity. I earned them and they mean a whole lot to me. All PHrs feel just the same way. They aren't bought or given away, you earn them and will do whatever necessary to keep them.

You're ignorance around the wrong folks will get you an extremely painful education. One you won't forget.

alot of folks share the same opinion myself included
i aitn a club member cause the nearest club is a 3 hour ride each way and prospecting would be a bitch * I dont count my local HOG a club*. but i understand the meanings of having earned your patches as opposed to having bought your patches.

Quick Reply: Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!