General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:39 AM
TwiggyAZ
|
Banned

Originally Posted by JW1200
After all, they are a rough bunch!!
I steer clear of them at all cost. No eye contact, wide berth! I don't want any trouble with them. They can have all the territory they want. They scare the hell outta me!

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:45 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I stay clear of them too. They really come out in the summer around here. You don't dare go to the local DQ on Tuesday night in the summer!!

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:48 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

My favorite patch is on my HD cap... "orgasm donor"

Attached Thumbnails Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!-forbidden-and-me0001-cropped.jpg  
Old 02-05-2010 | 11:54 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JW1200
I stay clear of them too. They really come out in the summer around here. You don't dare go to the local DQ on Tuesday night in the summer!!

Don't ever stand between them and the free hot dogs. I made that mistake once and I will never make it again.

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:58 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

I was watching some t.v. special about a month ago called "Lady Bikers, leather and lace" or something like that, they filmed it in FL, and they said that either the State's Attorney or a Federal law was passed (can't remember which) in reference to the 1 % club the Mongols, saying that their club patch was a sign of organized crime and the police could impound their vests if they were worn in public. I believe it to be true, because a woman was marrying a 1 % club member, and the other club members were worried about wearing their club colors, only one of them wore them. So my take on it was that they are only hassling certain 1%'ers wearing club patches. At least in the State of FL.

Old 02-05-2010 | 12:10 PM
TwiggyAZ
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
My favorite patch is on my HD cap... "orgasm donor"
Love it!!

Old 02-05-2010 | 12:13 PM
TwiggyAZ
|
Banned

Originally Posted by harleyguy5571
Don't ever stand between them and the free hot dogs. I made that mistake once and I will never make it again.
OMG! I've seen that. It's a horrible horrible thing. The riots, the mayhem....I hope I never see it again, very frightening

Old 02-05-2010 | 12:15 PM
TwiggyAZ
|
Banned

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I was watching some t.v. special about a month ago called "Lady Bikers, leather and lace" or something like that, they filmed it in FL, and they said that either the State's Attorney or a Federal law was passed (can't remember which) in reference to the 1 % club the Mongols, saying that their club patch was a sign of organized crime and the police could impound their vests if they were worn in public. I believe it to be true, because a woman was marrying a 1 % club member, and the other club members were worried about wearing their club colors, only one of them wore them. So my take on it was that they are only hassling certain 1%'ers wearing club patches. At least in the State of FL.
I thought I read the Mongols won, and they are allowed to wear their colors again. Not sure. But I'm sure they are shadowiing them.

Old 02-05-2010 | 12:23 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

It's quite possible that the Mongols did win, but during the time of the taping of the t.v. show, they didn't express that. So maybe afterwards they went to court and won.

Old 02-05-2010 | 12:46 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member

I wear my CVMA (Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association) patch whenever I'm riding. Never had a problem. If I did find a bar with a no colors policy I would move on. I can spend my money where it's wanted. That said: If a LEO tried to take away my freedom of speech to wear the patch I earned in Combat, There would be legal action .

Quick Reply: Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!