General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010 | 10:16 AM
TwiggyAZ
|
Banned

Originally Posted by fladawg01
If I read the same article you did correctly, they aren't stopping the riders wearing general patches with sayings, but have targeted the 3 bar patches worn by MC clubs. It's still profiling no matter how you look at it, just not done by race.

There's a few bars here in the Carolinas that have signs at the doors "no colors" inside. It does help keep the peace to some degree. but if someone is going to get into it, they're going to do it colors or not.
The article I read said they were stopping motorcyclists with HOG patches on!!! That can't be right?? I dunno.

Old 02-05-2010 | 10:35 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

Hell, I remember when bars wouldn't let you in with a HD T-shirt on. No patches

Old 02-05-2010 | 10:57 AM
Nick-O
Tourer

I don't get a lot of cops asking me about my patch, unless they want to hear about salvation!

Attached Thumbnails Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!-imag0004.jpg  
Old 02-05-2010 | 11:03 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

One of the patches on my vest is "Patriot Guard Rider". That draws a smile and wave from local PD's around here. Can't see being stopped for that.

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:06 AM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lord_Rahl
"ask me about microwaving cats for FUN and PROFIT"
now thats funny ....

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:06 AM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by fladawg01
There's a few bars here in the Carolinas that have signs at the doors "no colors" inside. It does help keep the peace to some degree. but if someone is going to get into it, they're going to do it colors or not.
I was hired to manage a bar in Las Vegas....It was frequented by Gang members. The baggy pant, plaid shirt type.....It was obvious to me after observing their behavior that people around them were intimidated. one of the first changes i made was to the dress code that specifically targeted gang attire. All plaid shirts must be tucked in and no baseball caps of any kind allowed! They said i was singling them out! My reply....when you went to the store to buy your plaid shirt and baggy pants, you knew what you were buying and why.....You know its like a uniform that screams i am a gangster...you KNOW when you are with 5-10 of your friends all dressed the same that you are intimidating to everyone around you. YOU KNOW THIS IS TRUE!....I KNOW IT......YOU KNOW IT!.....You are welcome to come in here and drink, have fun, get drunk, try to get laid, spend your last penny and regret it tomorrow.....come back and do it again.....but you are not welcome to come in here and intimidate some guy that is on a date....just trying to get laid like everyone else......NOW TUCK IN YOUR SHIRT AND TAKE YOUR HAT OFF!!!! and dont forget to tip your waitress....lol

Last edited by JohnnyBravo; 02-05-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-05-2010 | 11:12 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by TwiggyAZ
The article I read said they were stopping motorcyclists with HOG patches on!!! That can't be right?? I dunno.
After all, they are a rough bunch!!

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:18 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member

i got a DILLIGAF on the lower back of my jacket, a Known associate on my front upper left, and as soon as i get into the seamstress will have motorcycle clubs are not street gangs on my front

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:20 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nick-O
I don't get a lot of cops asking me about my patch, unless they want to hear about salvation!
......... Good - 1 -

Old 02-05-2010 | 11:24 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member

They tried doing that in few town around here. They even had the cop on video telling the MC guys that "the only colors that fly around here are blue and gold." The Lawyers had a field day with them. LMAO

Quick Reply: Wearing My Patch 1% Of The Time!