General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone tracker for my wife

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an app on my iphone that lets my wife track me from her computer. I put it on there when I took off from Kentucky to Florida. It doesnt work unless I turn the app on though, which I forgot to do until I was in south Georgia.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 AM
wkdayridr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind that she isn't tracking YOU, she's tracking your PHONE. Take your phone to work, leave it there, then go about your day!!!!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:57 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I totally thought this was gonna be the secret app you installed to track your wife..

Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
I totally thought this was gonna be the secret app you installed to track your wife..
Me too!, I dont always want my wife to know where I am at, would really screw up x-mas shopping. Or guys night out drinking.....

Old 02-04-2010, 09:08 AM
chopped7
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
my wife's friend's husband secretly installed spot or some tracking device in her truck without her knowledge. they are divorced now.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chopped7
my wife's friend's husband secretly installed spot or some tracking device in her truck without her knowledge. they are divorced now.
I wanted to read thread to know what devise is in case I ever need to worry about it being installed..
I have friends who did that to the computer. They are divorced as well. Thought the other was up to something. They were right.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 AM
rcaddell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just so you know, you can be traced by cell phone with no app by the right people.

Anyway, sounds like a ridiculous app that is more suited to parents watching their children. My GF knows I got ot work or wherever I was going when her cell phone does NOT ring with the police asking her to come identify a body.

Different strokes for different folks though.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 AM
redling36
Cruiser

I have an Android based phone and use Google Latitude which is part of Google Maps. It shows your location in real time and be shared with only the people you want to see it and is viewed by either cell or computer. I too use it so she doesn't have to worry where I am.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i dotn have a cell phone, and when i brign my laptap on trips i do my damndest to be discreet *never jack into the same service for more then 5-10 minutes* while on the web. i dont need anyone know where i am or what i am doing

Old 02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Originally Posted by wkdayridr
Keep in mind that she isn't tracking YOU, she's tracking your PHONE. Take your phone to work, leave it there, then go about your day!!!!

Problem with that is, she calls your work, and you're not there. Oops.

As for tracking, there are GPS tracking devices that work quite well, and track in real time on your computer screen. You can attach one to the underside of a car or something like that, and watch where the person goes, how long they stay, etc. ... And yeah, these are often involved in divorce situations. Funny that.

Quick Reply: iPhone tracker for my wife