General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Controversial Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 11:29 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sad part is that many of people posting in this thread may, in ten years time, be posting that they'll only continue to buy Harley's IF MoCo headquarters is still in the US (nevermind assembly or component origin). And no, I don't want them to fail, I recently bought a 2010 Super Glide, the first of what I hope to be several more Harleys, mostly made in the US.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:35 AM
norgepa
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coupe55
Is a failure to communicate!

The little exercise was not to be inflamatory but to sample Harley owners on if it made a difference to them where the bike was made. Any survey will change over time but it is the consensus here that most who own Harley's now may not buy a foreign made Harley! That don't necessarily mean that they want the brand to fail. It means the brand may destroy itself if they make the wrong decision about outsourcing production.
Coupe, I think you just have nailed it in this part of your statement. Great Insight.
My thoughts exactly. We as Harley owners DO NOT want the MOCO to FAIL. Many of us have been through those times of near failure and sub quality during AMF years. Today - RePLAY those SEC videos showing MOCO becoming INDEPENDENT again. YES, when you buy into Harley for all that it represents - AMERICAN made is a BIG part of the continued MARKETING of the Harley Image. MOCO listen to those on the forum

"It means the brand MAY destroy itself if they,(MOCO) make the wrong decision about outsourcing production."