General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U see some dudes stealing Ur bike, Can we shoot them??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

+1 on olddude48...everything you need to know from this thread is right there in his response.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
gizz46
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if they try to run you down with a van you can shoot.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Arv
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to read this based on the fact some are just having a laugh (surely)..
Being a Brit, we dont see or have a chance to use guns on the street as you guys do, and even if we hold Firearms licence and shoot anyone for any reason including someone breaking and entering into your home, you will be severely punished, and the poor thief gets off (if he survived).

I would feel very uncomfortable seeing a gun strapped to someones waist over here, and even in the USA i would be concerned, as I just dont live in that type of environment.

But to give my 2p worth, I recon a good kicking normally does the trick if some Chav wants to take your prize posession, i know i wouldn't hesitate.

Mind you a well trained dog can be quite rewarding in some cases also...

Old 02-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Skitzer
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No motorcycle is worth more than the life of a human being.
Motorcycles can be replaced.
I conceal carry almost every day and the only reason I would ever level my revolver at another human being would be to prevent the loss of my or another persons life.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

there are very little consecuenses for shooting out tires and knees..a shot bellow the waist is not considered intent to kill, but does stop a man quite efectivly

Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oct1949
Just read an article where one brother came upon some A$$holes that had loaded up his bike and was driving away, he was stunned and all he had time to do was stand in front of the van. Yelling at them he had to jump out of the way to keep from being run over...

So I was wondering how myself or others would handle it if we came upon 3or4 dudes stealing our bike.??..I do pack some times, but it would/could get messy real quick..
I'm not willing to end 3 or 4 lives over a motorcycle, a car, or the last hot dog - even scumbags have family, and some have the kinds of families where you'd be watching over your shoulder forever... I have no problem using deadly force when innocent lives are at stake. Doing so over property can only lead to tragedy for all involved.

It's easy to type out how you'd kill 'em all and have no regrets. It's much harder to live it than to write it.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd shoot the **** outta them. I love Texas Castle Laws....you just need to be reasonably sure you won't get your property back....and that is almost a certainty 99% of the time.....and you can use deadly force.

Originally Posted by Skitzer
I strongly disagree with this statement. We're not talking about a normal human being who is a productive member of society. We're talking about a scumbag shithole thief...someone who takes from others and victimizes people as a way of life.

We can live without them. Shoot 'em dead.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skitzer
That is something the thief should be considering before he steals because I have a lot higher regard for my scoot than a thieve's low ***.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:03 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
I'd shoot the **** outta them. I love Texas Castle Laws....you just need to be reasonably sure you won't get your property back....and that is almost a certainty 99% of the time.....and you can use deadly force.

I strongly disagree with this statement. We're not talking about a normal human being who is a productive member of society. We're talking about a scumbag shithole thief...someone who takes from others and victimizes people as a way of life.

I sure hope none of your children ever screws up. People can change - unless they're dead.

Just curious, Joe - you ever killed anyone?

Old 02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Diver

I would eliminate all of them, period.

Quick Reply: U see some dudes stealing Ur bike, Can we shoot them??