General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U see some dudes stealing Ur bike, Can we shoot them??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Understanding the underground economy 101. Illegal guns bought from individuals off the free trade papers, flea markets, road side sales along the road side and cigarettes go north to all the liberal states that don't allow guns and have laws that protect the thieves and gang bangers.

Meth, Prescription Meds, Grass, Heroin and Coke, come into the south. It is about the only part of the economy that still works! Some of it transported by some of the 1%er's you all seem so enamored with and the ones that probably end up with your stolen bike.

We sell em the guns, they know better than to shop for bikes down here, it is just easier pickins in the liberal north! None of the gun laws in the North have any effect on the people who want one! I can buy a gun in Chicago as easy as I do down here, just have to pay through the nose for it! They have quite a mark up!

Free enterprise system at work!

Last edited by coupe55; 02-05-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spell
Old 02-05-2010, 10:58 AM
OU812
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moog Player
Can't shoot them over property.
Texas you can

Old 02-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Yup. What's your point?

Do you think a cop, or citizen, seeing a man attacking and beating a woman cannot legally presume that man is guilty and take appropriate action - up to and including lethal force?

Do you think a cop or citizen being attacked by someone cannot legally presume the person attacking them is guilty of attacking them, and take appropriate action - up to and including lethal force?
the man is 5' and 100 lbs and the woman is 6'3" and 300 lbs. now what?

suppose they're married and are having a domestic dispute.

maybe they're acting out some sort of mating ritual (has actually happened and ended in a gunshot wound to the so-called aggressor).

a standard of care says one must do something, but this notion of citizen-enforcement is not realistic. and its anti-american at its core.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts
Thumbs up

One of many reasons I put up with this state.

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
In South Carolina you can.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I'd think living in one of the five states below has a lot to do with the insurance rates.
When my brother moved to Houston Texas from here in Indiana yrs ago he was shocked at how high his car and truck insurance was compared to here.

The current top five states for motorcycle thefts, according to the NICB:

California
Florida
Texas
North Carolina
Arizona

Read more at Suite101: How Many Motorcycles Are Stolen: Rates of Motorcycle Theft in the US http://motorcycles.suite101.com/arti...#ixzz0egjI3EVZ

Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe55
Understanding the underground economy 101. Illegal guns bought from individuals off the free trade papers, flea markets, road side sales along the road side...
The guns are legal. The gun sales are legal. A dude from Chicago buying a bunch of guns legally in a southern state, then transporting them to Chicago and selling them there... now he's broken some laws.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:35 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Certainteed
the man is 5' and 100 lbs and the woman is 6'3" and 300 lbs. now what?
suppose they're married and are having a domestic dispute.
maybe they're acting out some sort of mating ritual (has actually happened and ended in a gunshot wound to the so-called aggressor).
a standard of care says one must do something, but this notion of citizen-enforcement is not realistic. and its anti-american at its core.
Yup... maybe, maybe and maybe. There isn't really a minimum IQ requirement for gun ownership, although cops do generally get some training. There aren't many situations where walking in with guns blazing prior to assessing the situation is a good idea. ... but the question was of presumed innocence. You didn't like one of my examples, fine. My point was neither citizen nor cop is needs to presume the innocence of some who is *clearly* committing a crime and posing a threat to someone's life.

Any responsible person would make every effort to properly assess the situation and use every means *other than* lethal force when prudent to do so. Upon those attempts failing, with no other choice, you use lethal force.

Should a cop manage to end such a situation without the use of lethal force and arrest the criminal, up until the criminal is found guilty, he/she is presumed innocent. It's not rocket science.

The presumption of innocence does not preclude the use of lethal force when necessary.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Arv
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to stick my neck out here..

Personally I never say anything i can’t back up, thats why i never say i would shoot someone, no matter what the reason.

And although our ways of life differ immensely, I can’t help thinking there are a select few on here who are “keyboard warriors” and outside the world of internet, probably wouldn’t hurt or shoot anyone tbh.

But if it makes you look & feel good to the few gullible members who read your drivel. Then carry on and be the Die Hard wannaby you’re trying to portray!!

Old 02-05-2010, 03:19 PM
coupe55
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OK

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
The guns are legal. The gun sales are legal. A dude from Chicago buying a bunch of guns legally in a southern state, then transporting them to Chicago and selling them there... now he's broken some laws.

I stand corrected! the guns and the transactions are legal in the south. It is when they cross a state line with them and break several local ordinances at the point of sale!

Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
MechsHands
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oct1949
Just read an article where one brother came upon some A$$holes that had loaded up his bike and was driving away, he was stunned and all he had time to do was stand in front of the van. Yelling at them he had to jump out of the way to keep from being run over...

So I was wondering how myself or others would handle it if we came upon 3or4 dudes stealing our bike.??..I do pack some times, but it would/could get messy real quick..
This is a flat scary question and has a deep impact for any responsible gun owner. If you are going to have a firearm for self defense purposes then you had better research your lcoal laws and know them better than any cops. And if you are going to carry you need to knwo them even better.

MOST states DO NOT allow you to protect property. Most will have a duty to retreat. You can only use deadly force if you cannot retreat.

Please do all of us a favor and if you are going to carry know your laws. Get your concealed carry.

Me personally I hope that I never have to draw my firearm. If I can get away from the situation I will. I wish Ohio allowed us to protect our property or that of our neighbor. however it doesnt.

I won't risk going to jail over property becasue I don't know the laws. Not knowing your local laws is being a very IRRESPONSIBLE firearm owner.

Quick Reply: U see some dudes stealing Ur bike, Can we shoot them??