General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laughlin River Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:31 AM
Desertdog7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Laughlin River Run

Ok guys, how many of you going out to the River Run in April? I just made my reservations to go out for the weekend. ROAD TRIP!!!! I use to live there and had a blast every year it came to town. Some awesome riding around those parts. Gotta love going through Oatman. I hope the weather is warm with lots of sunshine.

J

Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Can't afford to go in this economy. I'm certain the hotels, etc. have lowered the prices, but not enough to justify the expense.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:31 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Live in Kingman so we will stop in, probably just a few hours one day to see what's new. Since you are making a road trip....hope the weathers great for ya!

Old 01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Desertdog7
Cruiser

Originally Posted by harleydavis
Can't afford to go in this economy. I'm certain the hotels, etc. have lowered the prices, but not enough to justify the expense.
Yes sir... I understand that one. I wouldn't even cosider it but my aunt lives in Bullhead. So we are going to stay with her. I wouldn't even give it a secound thought if i had to pay for a hotel.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Desertdog7
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
Live in Kingman so we will stop in, probably just a few hours one day to see what's new. Since you are making a road trip....hope the weathers great for ya!
Thanks Indy! We prob roll though your neck of the woods. Love riding up to the Hualapai Mountain Lodge. One year we rode out to the caverns.... long ride but really cool.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertdog7
Thanks Indy! We prob roll though your neck of the woods. Love riding up to the Hualapai Mountain Lodge. One year we rode out to the caverns.... long ride but really cool.
Had dinner at the lodge last night! Her brother came in town so we took the cage, just as well since there was still 6" of snow up there and very muddy parking. Three ATV's in the "hog pen." LOL

PM me if you think about it before that trip.......if days line up, we will look you up over there. Ride safe!

Old 01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Some of us were thinking of going, problem is around here April is still fairly early, we could easily get snowed in. We might have to trailer until we hid the warm climates. I'd like to do it, one way or another. My buddy's parents have a place down there, they're snowbirds, always head south to beat the winter. So at least we'd have a place to stay.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:55 PM
MilesJ
Road Master

Hey Zeuss, I posted in the Alberta riders forum about heading down there. Let me know how many people you have going down. Was thinking of renting a trailer for the bikes n heading down there.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:23 PM
pavin
Tourer

some friends of mine and myself are going,we booked our rooms last oct.the temps down there are usually pretty warm in april.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I have went the last two years. My son lives in Vegas so I have a place to stay.

I like the area around there. We road to some little town where the donkeys run around but can't remember the name. It was a little south and west of Laughlin in Az.

Quick Reply: Laughlin River Run