General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get a 'Smokin' deal on a leftover '09?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
the_prof
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my 2009 XL1200C for $350 under MSRP + HD freight last October. No doc fee, no setup fee. I was happy given that I live in a small market, and the next nearest dealer is an 80 mile drive.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:57 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The deals are out there and will continue to improive as stock declines.

I travel a lot and I searched the internet when i was interested in buying an 08 Sportster on the buy Back Program. Last year this time there were only a couple 08 new sportsters left and they were knocking off up to $1500 OTD. Bought mine rode it through september and traded it for full MSRP (more then I paid) on my EGC which was $1500 OTD off. I have seen dealerships around the country with as much as $2000 off full list OTD on Dynas and up. Values of up to $1500 on stortsters and up. I tried to work a deal with one dealer on a similarly equipped EGC before I bought the one I have... who would'nt deal. They still have it I checked today. said they couldn't come down. Don't know for a fact but I am guessing the dealer is authorized to purchase new 10's based on sales in 09. if they have a large stock of 09's and even some 08s i suspect they are limited in what they can get. I was looking hard this time last year and I can tell you to a certainty in my travels there are a lot of 09's out there still. way more then last year. New 2011s are 6 months away. If they won;t deal in your area find who will and whip me beat me let me fly to a dealer and ride a new HD home. The deals are out there. good luck in your quest.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPRPIG
I travel a lot and I searched the internet when i was interested in buying an 08 Sportster on the buy Back Program. Last year this time there were only a couple 08 new sportsters left and they were knocking off up to $1500 OTD. Bought mine rode it through september and traded it for full MSRP (more then I paid) on my EGC which was $1500 OTD off. I have seen dealerships around the country with as much as $2000 off full list OTD on Dynas and up. Values of up to $1500 on stortsters and up. I tried to work a deal with one dealer on a similarly equipped EGC before I bought the one I have... who would'nt deal. They still have it I checked today. said they couldn't come down. Don't know for a fact but I am guessing the dealer is authorized to purchase new 10's based on sales in 09. if they have a large stock of 09's and even some 08s i suspect they are limited in what they can get. I was looking hard this time last year and I can tell you to a certainty in my travels there are a lot of 09's out there still. way more then last year. New 2011s are 6 months away. If they won;t deal in your area find who will and whip me beat me let me fly to a dealer and ride a new HD home. The deals are out there. good luck in your quest.
Makes me wonder what model the deals are made on. Since I am only shopping baggers, I really don't notice the others too much. Admire them, appreciate there design, but don't really price them. I did notice two Softails marked down at the dealer however since they don't "shake" Momma doesn't want one of those.

I don't argue because we have such long open stretches out here I want hers to have 6 speed AND cruise.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:36 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was in Las Vegas HD last week. They had an '09 Road King (two-tone, white/pearl) with the smooth chrome wheels for $16.200. They also had a Heritage and a Deluxe marked down. I think the Heritage had a price tag originally around $22k and was marked at $18k. I don't remember what the Deluxe was marked at, but I'm guessing it $3k or more below what they normally mark them.

Remember, though, that LVHD notoriously markes all their bikes from $1500 to $2000 above MSRP ... so a bike marked down $3500 is really only $1500 below MSRP. Still a decent deal, if you're looking for that sort of thing.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
BLMC
Road Captain
Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts

I got an 09 road king in December for $2700 off MSRP.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 161 Posts

Just to help put things in perspective, the guy that bought my '03 ultra new paid $22,000 for it in nov. 2002. I have the sales slip. So $23, 500 for a '09 or '10 isn't that bad a deal in my opinion. Your getting a bigger motor , 6 speed trans and all the updates since mine was built in 2002, plus it's 8 years newer.,,

Old 02-01-2010, 11:52 AM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

I got $3k off on my 09 Muscle that I bought 2 days before Xmas. The original deal was $3k in accessories, but I floated them the idea not caring if they would take it because I was happy with my 07 VRSCAW that if they would turn accessories into a discount I would be interested. Took them about 5 minutes to think that one over.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
TRRcheck
Intermediate

$9100 +TTL+fees (~$9800 OTD)

Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 PM
mnewb1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRRcheck
$9100 +TTL+fees (~$9800 OTD)
Did anyone ever tell you that you look a little like Mr. Bill?

Attached Thumbnails Anyone get a 'Smokin' deal on a leftover '09?-mr-bill-ohh-nooo-magnet-c11751410jp.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BennieSG
Always always always deal like you will be financing the bike thought the dealer. They will come down on price if they think the can make money on the back end of the loan. Dealers get points when they set you up with financing. When you agree on a price sign it and then give them cash or credit union finance check, or even let them try to beat the rate you got. They don't always have to go through Eagle mark. They can go through local banks as well and sometimes get a better rate than what you got from the same bank. As far as MSRP? 90% of people will pay msrp or within $500 on either side, and there will always be some who will say they got 5k off MSRP. Usually there are full of it
True enough about using other banks and such, but you have no idea what percentage are paying +/- $500 of MSRP. This is pure speculation. As far as being full of it. Tell that to the people who have replied to this thread stating they have gotten bikes a good bit below MSRP.

Quick Reply: Anyone get a 'Smokin' deal on a leftover '09?