General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best leather jackets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010 | 09:03 PM
PNSHVL
Tourer

I have a custom made Langlitz that was made for me in 1989. I think by far they are the best out there. Yea you got to spend some bucks but the fit is perfect and they'll made it any way you want. (Gun pockets, secret pockets, padding, etc.) I also have the pants. Top quality!

Old 02-01-2010 | 09:51 PM
DarrellDeluxe
Novice

Fox Creek Leather. None better and the customer service will blow you away!

Old 02-01-2010 | 09:56 PM
brewer77
6th Gear
Old 02-01-2010 | 10:22 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DarrellDeluxe
Fox Creek Leather. None better and the customer service will blow you away!
Yup, got to agree. Another company that sells quality leather is Chilhowee Leather ( http://www.chilhowee.net/ ) and they recently added some USA manufactured jackets to their line up.

Old 02-01-2010 | 10:24 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

Langlitz is the best quality money can buy. The more you wear it the better it fits. Have both Columbia and Cascade in Goat Skin.

Second is HD leather. Some of their jackets are very good. Now thinking of getting a an FXRG.

And the wife is getting a Bates.

Old 02-01-2010 | 11:29 PM
miketedesco
Tourer

When I bought mine I had noticed that the HD Leather jackets all seemed very thin. My nice brown leather jacket I used to wear to work was much thicker and heavier leather and that is by far no riding jacket. I did notice the FXRG stuff to seem much thicker and more durable though. Another thing was I didnt want a brand name posted across the back, chest or sleeves. A small (size of a quarter) emblem here or there didnt bother me, but no big names. I ended up scoring a really nice FXRG jacket for $200 on clearance. I did take the spine pad out, but now I think its pretty comfortable and would trust it any day to hold up if need be.

Old 02-02-2010 | 07:50 AM
casper gomez
Tourer

Originally Posted by mp
Lots of guys seem to like Fox Creek, but their jackets are pretty ugly, plus they look like they're made too long for riding a motorcycle. They ought to try making a traditional-looking SHORT jacket.
bingo. thats why i had one and sent it back. they are well made tho.

Old 02-02-2010 | 08:07 AM
cadman311
Club Member

I wear HD FXRG jacket year around. It comes with a liner that is a jacket by it's self. If it's hot at an event I will wear the liner as I walk around and use the HD FXRG jacket full jacket for the rides. As it come with the light armor that you more for any other jacket. I also paid half price for my HD FXRG jacket on sale. The HD FXRG jacket is a vented jacket and also is a waterproof jacket. So as it rains I do not have to stop for a rain coat and just keep riding.

Old 02-02-2010 | 09:34 AM
Bingee
Outstanding HDF Member

I got a jacket from TRD leather. They are made in Cleveland OH with leather produced in the USA. None of that Pakistan crap. Their web site is: http://www.trdleather.com/ . I have the classic old school model. The leather is very soft pliable and heavy. It's a high quality item. But reasonably priced. TRD will custom make one for you. You have a choice of different weight leathers. They are usually at bike weeks and will probably be in Daytona. Check them out.

Old 02-02-2010 | 09:49 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain

the more and more I read about the best jackets - 2 keep appearing - Fox Creek and the HD FXRG - I wanted to order a FC and emailed them - Great response but by the time I get the jacket here and with taxes etc it will be too expensive - Asked would they put a 100 dollar value on the invoice to reduce all the duty but they said no which I understand - There are no FC distributors in Europe - Maybe there are some Europan producers making FC quality - Anybody know any?

Quick Reply: Best leather jackets?