General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best leather jackets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010 | 02:20 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member

Schott or Vanson. Schott makes Legendary USA's leather moto jackets.
Lots of guys seem to like Fox Creek, but their jackets are pretty ugly, plus they look like they're made too long for riding a motorcycle. They ought to try making a traditional-looking SHORT jacket.

Old 02-01-2010 | 02:31 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member

I only wear Gucci.

yes, that's my murse ( man purse)

Last edited by carpetride; 02-01-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-01-2010 | 03:26 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member

My wife bought me the Harley FXRG jacket in 2000. I took it to Daytona for Bike Week. The jacket is so heavy that it wore me out. I bought a cheap Hot Leathers jacket while at Daytona for about $80. Been wearing it ever since. The FXRG is a top quality jacket but weighs a ton! Hanging in the closet, looks brand new.

Old 02-01-2010 | 03:34 PM
silvrbill
Road Warrior

The best leather jacket is the one that keeps the road rash off ya' if you go down....
Buy something sturdy.

Old 02-01-2010 | 03:41 PM
exiledcarper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by carpetride
I only wear Gucci.

yes, that's my murse ( man purse)

Poof!!! ( that's English for Shirt Lifter)

Old 02-01-2010 | 03:56 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hoethree
My wife bought me the Harley FXRG jacket in 2000. I took it to Daytona for Bike Week. The jacket is so heavy that it wore me out. I bought a cheap Hot Leathers jacket while at Daytona for about $80. Been wearing it ever since. The FXRG is a top quality jacket but weighs a ton! Hanging in the closet, looks brand new.
I think I have that same jacket. I took all the pads out of it and it made it alot lighter and more flexible.

Old 02-01-2010 | 03:58 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

My only beef with the MoCo clothing products is that they're made with cheap Chinese labor but sold at USA made prices.

Old 02-01-2010 | 04:09 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

I just got off the phone with Vanson and ALL their leather products are still made in Massachusetts. Some (maybe all) of their textile garments are made in El Salvador and for a couple of years they had a less expensive line labeled International that were made in Pakistan but they discontinued that line.

I own HD jackets, including a FXRG, as well as Langlitz, Vanson, Schott, and Brooks. All are very good jackets but the thickest, toughest, best leather is on the Vanson, in my opinion. If I go down, I hope I am wearing my Vanson Mark 2 Cobra or Mark 2 Sport Rider. However, I think the Langlitz and FXRG would hold up well also. The Brooks has leather that is too thin/lightweight for a crash.

I don't think you will go wrong for the money with either a Vanson or HD FXRG. There is nothing negative about the Langlitz but the price is much higher than the others.

Old 02-01-2010 | 06:26 PM
albngore
Road Master

I know all of you have favorites for leathers but there is hands down no better leather jacket made than Langlitz. Having said that I do not now nor will I likely in the future spend $1,000 on a leather jacket. But, if I did it would be for a Langlitz.

Look them up just for fun.

Old 02-01-2010 | 08:28 PM
Capecodgirl
Cruiser

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
I just got off the phone with Vanson and ALL their leather products are still made in Massachusetts. Some (maybe all) of their textile garments are made in El Salvador and for a couple of years they had a less expensive line labeled International that were made in Pakistan but they discontinued that line.

I own HD jackets, including a FXRG, as well as Langlitz, Vanson, Schott, and Brooks. All are very good jackets but the thickest, toughest, best leather is on the Vanson, in my opinion. If I go down, I hope I am wearing my Vanson Mark 2 Cobra or Mark 2 Sport Rider. However, I think the Langlitz and FXRG would hold up well also. The Brooks has leather that is too thin/lightweight for a crash.

I don't think you will go wrong for the money with either a Vanson or HD FXRG. There is nothing negative about the Langlitz but the price is much higher than the others.
txfxstrider,

Just wanted to put up for the record, VANSON LIED TO YOU!

Quick Reply: Best leather jackets?