General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it me, or do fewer people wave now?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006 | 08:48 AM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Default RE: Is it me, or do fewer people wave now?

It's been my experience that the Crotch Rocketeer is the least likely to wave. There are a lot more of them than there were 20 years ago.

Old 07-22-2006 | 09:58 AM
Harvo
Advanced

Here in my area of KY (Northeastern) most still wave, although we have several local guys that won't wave at anyone who wears a helmet or rides a metric.

Old 07-22-2006 | 02:15 PM
QT Hush
Road Warrior

It could be that some folks are getting tired of waving. I know I am. There are a lot of motorcycles around here and waving to them all is getting old. I will wave at anyone who waves at me, though.

Old 07-22-2006 | 02:23 PM
rrhemi
Tourer

I used to be a crotch rocketeer. I found that HD riders would not wave to me then. I wave to everyone now.
Sometimes you can see the rocketeers wave back in suprise. Every once in a while I will forget to ride to a BMW.
I can't wave when I'm blinded with ugliness.

Old 07-22-2006 | 06:15 PM
pro1955
Road Captain

I wave, but I must admit after along day of riding I get a little tired of waving, but in Washington people still wave even the BMW guys.

Old 07-22-2006 | 06:20 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

I's say 3 of 4 wave here, or nod, or raise fingers on their grips - some basic form of acknowledgement.

Only 2 waves I didn't return today. One was to a guy pulling his bike behind him on a trailer (actually didn't realize he was waving until it was too late) and one while I was turning to the left.

Old 07-22-2006 | 06:35 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master

I've noticed that most do wave. I always wave no matter what you ride. Most BMW riders will not wave and most of the real M/C don't wave. Gets real tiring during a rally so, I guess it's OK not to wave.

Old 07-22-2006 | 07:15 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

I wave first if I feel the urge but almost always wave back if waved to first. I personally never wave to the crotch rockets because I don't particularly like their style and attitudes and they are not worth my time. They think they rule the roads, can go as fast as they want, ride on any part of the road or shoulder they want. They risk their own lives and the lives of others by doing stupid wheelies, stoppies, and standing on their seat tricks at 70mph+. Going in between lanes of traffic (threading the needle). Not saying they are all like this, but around these parts it is very rare to see a crotch rocket riding civilized.

OK rant over.

Old 07-22-2006 | 08:59 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Do people that own the same type of cars/trucks wave to each other?This harley wave thing is finally dying.Thankyou.These same people that wave,wonder how many would stop to help someone along side road? an out of stater?

Old 07-22-2006 | 09:00 PM
scrawfordFLSTC
Outstanding HDF Member

Most people in Indiana wave...I wave at everyone.

Quick Reply: Is it me, or do fewer people wave now?