General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got in 265 miles today! Did you get to ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got in 265 miles today! Did you get to ride?

Had a great ride today with 3 other bikes! Left Dalton, GA to Cleveland TN onto Knoxville, Maryville, TN back down Hwy 411 through Cleveland! Left out at 10 a.m. and got home at 7:30 p.m. Temps were in the 50s today. Gotta a little cool as the sun set but once I plugged in my Gerbings, i was toasty! The rain moves in tonight and tomorrow then a cooling trend for next week. I never truly realized how nice it was to live in the N. GA mountains until I started riding. Damn I love this place. The dragon is 2 hrs away, Cherohala skyway, all the roads in E TN and W NC and North GA. I can't wait to be able to really travel to some other parts of the country. I really feel for y'all guys that live up north who have to deal with all that snow! Spring will be here before long!

Old 01-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Ya Man it sure was nice in Tennessee today..Gettin ready for the bad weather to move in for a few...

Old 01-23-2010, 09:44 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

heck I'm hoping the rain tomorrow will melt the ice ruts in the street that have been there since xmas. Don't think I'll be riding mine tomorrow..

Old 01-23-2010, 09:46 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,217 Likes on 1,837 Posts

We had rain here today and didn't ride, so I just did some work in my shop. It is supposed to be in the low 60's tomorrow, and I think I will go ride for a while.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

Nope, there won't be any riding around here for at least another month and a half.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:50 PM
CroK
Banned

It was a beautiful day here, mid to upper 70s with just a little cloudiness, and only sprinkled for a few minutes early this morning. Should have gone for a ride, but I spent the day picking up some steel to build a small trailer and reciever for the bike, modify my utility trailer to carry a motorcycle, and a reciever for my wife's mini-van. Now I've got to go from the 'drawing board' to the creation phase. Gonna be busy next few days, maybe I can get a ride or two in, supposed to rain Monday...

Last edited by CroK; 01-23-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:06 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

42 was as good as it got here and wet, not me, the dirty roten roads....would have loved to although....

Old 01-23-2010, 10:07 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lrays280z
Had a great ride today with 3 other bikes! Left Dalton, GA to Cleveland TN onto Knoxville, Maryville, TN back down Hwy 411 through Cleveland! Left out at 10 a.m. and got home at 7:30 p.m. Temps were in the 50s today. Gotta a little cool as the sun set but once I plugged in my Gerbings, i was toasty! The rain moves in tonight and tomorrow then a cooling trend for next week. I never truly realized how nice it was to live in the N. GA mountains until I started riding. Damn I love this place. The dragon is 2 hrs away, Cherohala skyway, all the roads in E TN and W NC and North GA. I can't wait to be able to really travel to some other parts of the country. I really feel for y'all guys that live up north who have to deal with all that snow! Spring will be here before long!
Alright, now I am embarrassed. I live in Buford, GA by Lake Lanier, north of Atlanta. After reading this, I have absolutely no excuse for not riding today! It was only 42 degrees for a high, but dry until late in the day. I just wimped out. Rain has moved in here now, and it's supposed to rain hard for the rest of the weekend - so the riding opportunity is over.

I've ridden in all the places you mentioned - my wife and I rode the Cherohala last summer, and it was spectacular. I will be happy when it's consistently 60 or higher - like late March or April... that's my season. But I could have, and should have, ridden today...

Glad you enjoyed your ride! I'm so jealous!

Old 01-23-2010, 10:14 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Warmed her up and took her around the "loop" in our gated community, maxed out @ about 30mph.......went 1.8 miles, it was late in the afternoon and friggin' cold!!!

Plus I was a rebel, since I never went on "city" streets I went helmet-less.....

No work tomorrow...thinking of getting a good putt in.....

Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STFU! Man, you people that get to ride 12 months a year need a good b*tch slap!

Sorry, my cabin fever is taking over... I'll be lucky to ride by April 1st! We still have below zero temps coming in this coming week.

Maybe it's time to move south?

Quick Reply: Got in 265 miles today! Did you get to ride?