General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010 | 06:47 PM
sixareborn
|
Advanced
Default First Ride

Today was the first day I actually got to ride my first bike. I bought a 2004 88C and I love it already...Really good experience today, the roads were still a little wet from the rain last night, and it was about mid 30s today, and I still had a blast. The bike ran great, SE slip ons sound awesome, really happy with what I decided to start out with. I went through the MSF course last weekend and I really learned alot from that class and look forward to some of the advanced courses in the spring...anyone want to share their first ride experience feel free...

Attached Thumbnails First Ride-dscn0404.jpg  
Old 01-23-2010 | 07:06 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

I don't remember my first ride but congratulations on getting a Harley-Davidson and welcome to this great experience.

Old 01-23-2010 | 07:28 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior

Congrats!!

Old 01-23-2010 | 07:32 PM
ashmarc
Road Master

23 yrs old and your first HD? That's awesome, I didn't get my first til I was 31 (I think). I had other bikes previously but not a Harley.

My first ride on a Harley was then, 1993, off the showroom floor, what a great feeling.

Be safe and enjoy.

Congrats

Old 01-23-2010 | 07:40 PM
streeteagle
Club Member

Contrats! I've owned 2 Sportsters over the years, they are great bikes. They have to be of course, they're Harleys! Ride safe.

Old 01-23-2010 | 10:18 PM
sightseer
Intermediate

Congratulations on your new bike. This is my first street bike too. Got it just before Christmas. The sun was shining today after 5 days of rain. I got to ride it today. I'm still riding around neighborhoods I am familiar with not too far from home. Enjoy every mile.

Relax, ride safely, and enjoy God's creations.

Old 01-23-2010 | 11:31 PM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain

aint nothing like that first ride on a HD thats how I got the wife and both girlfriends. lol

Old 01-23-2010 | 11:47 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Wow, I wish my first ride was on a Harley. I had a 1979 Kawi KZ650. It was still a blast until someone almost ran me over.

Old 01-24-2010 | 02:41 AM
murd
Road Warrior

I bought my bike before I took the course. My buddy rode it home for me and when we arrived home he purposely left it on the street and said... you need to take it up the street and park it the garage myself. I jumped on, heart pounding, and squeezed out the clutch in first and rolled down the street. Throttle scared the poop out of me, shifting to second was when I realized I had no business being on this bike. I had dropped a hefy down payment on it and wasn't in the mood to drop it. I got down the steet and realized I couldn't do a U-Turn to safe myself. I had to duck walk it back and forth to turn it around. I got it back to my garage and climbed off. My hands were shaking. I chugged a beer.

Then, a few days later, my course started up and I was introduced to the friction zone. Duh! Things started to make sense now. Then, snap the head, and turn the bike...presto U-Turns. From that point on I have become one with my bike.

Old 01-24-2010 | 02:48 AM
primostoy
Tourer

Welcome to the Harley Davidson experience, pretty soon you'll be saying there's nothing like a Harley, be safe out there, alot of auto drivers don't see us or maybe they don't care, good luck...

Quick Reply: First Ride