General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who do ya believe¿

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 07:08 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who do ya believe¿

I have not been hanging around this board or Harley dealers for very long, not that I really hang around. I did look around and shop a few dealers before I placed my order. One thing I have not figured out. Who do ya believe. I went into the dealership I ordered my ultra from to ask a question and thought I would sneek a look at the 07's if he had any. He told me that no dealer would have any for at least a month longer. He also told me that they would be one of the first to get them because they were one of the largest dealers in the country. On the other hand I have been reading all over this forum about dealers having some bikes already and new ones being delivered. I was also told by every dealer I talked to before I placed my order that there would be no changes between a 06 and an 07. What have I got myself into¿

Old 07-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts
Default RE: Who do ya believe¿

07's are six speed and a bigger engine. If I was buying a new bike now, i would get an 07, not an 06. Your dealer is just trying to dump old stock before he gets stuc with it.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:56 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I went to my hometown dealer's website and saw pics of plenty of 07's, sitting in his showroom.

http://www.chattahoocheehd.com/

Old 07-21-2006, 08:38 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

ORIGINAL: Capt.Bob

.................................................. ...............
I did look around and shop a few dealers before I placed my order.
He told me that no dealer would have any for at least a month longer.
there would be no changes between a 06 and an 07.
What have I got myself into¿
Are you saying you ordered an 06 capt??

javelina here in SATx had 24 07s when I was there on Tuesday.

They are one of three dealers here. They all have 07s.
All three of them are the biggest dealer in the country.

You should be able to back out if you ordered 06 and want 07,
regardless what you were told about changes etc.

biggestMud

Old 07-21-2006, 10:01 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. The 07s are out, and the dealers (like them) are wanting to sell the 06s before they have to actually discount them.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:19 AM
TRITON
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you ordered an '06, when the '07 production bikes are showing up already??? Something doesn't smell right. Unless the bike you "ordered" is just coming from a different dealer, I don't see how you could still get an '06 new from the factory. I would call the dealers bluff on this one and get a new model year bike. That is unless your partial to the smaller engine and transmission combo.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:23 AM
RoadViking
Cruiser

Spitzies in Albany was uncrating 07's on Monday the 17th

Old 07-21-2006, 10:25 AM
grape ape
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Capt.Bob

I have not been hanging around this board or Harley dealers for very long, not that I really hang around. I did look around and shop a few dealers before I placed my order. One thing I have not figured out. Who do ya believe. I went into the dealership I ordered my ultra from to ask a question and thought I would sneek a look at the 07's if he had any. He told me that no dealer would have any for at least a month longer. He also told me that they would be one of the first to get them because they were one of the largest dealers in the country. On the other hand I have been reading all over this forum about dealers having some bikes already and new ones being delivered. I was also told by every dealer I talked to before I placed my order that there would be no changes between a 06 and an 07. What have I got myself into¿
[sm=lame.gif]Sometimes I wonder if the folks at the dealerships deliberately tell these lies just to make a sale or if they are just clueless and way behind the curve on the current info. Either way, I'll say it again, [sm=lame.gif]

But, not to worry Capt.Bob -- you can always get current info here.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:32 AM
MOking
Tourer

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...it's probably a duck.

I'd call you sales manager and owner and inform them I'd never make another purchase from thier dealership b/c they lied. Then cancel the bike you have on order.

I'm a sales guy....alot of sales guys get bad reps for crap like that. It makes me sick to here of people blatently lieing to get a sale.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Zippy
3rd Gear

I went to a local dealer yesterday. (Indianapolis Southside--Great Dealer!!) Not a single '07 on the floor. Lots of "end of model year sale" signs. Salesguy took my son and I to the back room to look at a Buell. They received 45 '07s last Monday. I couldn't believe my eyes--New bikes everywhere--The new colors look awesome. Christmas in July!!!!!

Quick Reply: Who do ya believe¿