General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd fxrg or foxcreek grayson

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FXRG HD leather jacket come with a liner that is a light weight jacket by it's self. It has a kindney belt, back armor, shoulder armor, and elbow armor. It is made with vents for air flow and has breathable inside to keep the weather off your body. The leather has been sprayed with a waterproof spay what help by water running off.

Fox creek you have to add all this stuff to make it a riding jacket. Fox Creek is a good looking jacket to go danceing but I would never want to go down without riding protection built into a jacket. It's two different classes of jackets.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:28 PM
bookworm
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

What cadman said... after three years wearing FXRG leathers in all kinds of weather I wouldn't wear anything else even if you gave it to me. Neither would my wife.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:42 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I compared the two and no comparison the Grayson is much nicer and higher quality. the FXRG is made off shore and not near the leather that the Grayson is.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:07 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I bought both and compared and then returned the Grayson. The Grayson is a very nice jacket but did not fit me the way I wanted it to. The sleeves were too long for one thing. I forget what else. The insulated lining on the Fox Creek Grayson is pretty flimsy.

The HD FXRG is a great all around motorcycle jacket. Many pockets, removable high quality insulated lining that can be worn as a seperate jacket when off the bike, removable kidney belt, armor for the shoulders, elbows and back, good venting for warm weather and much more.

I have quite a few high quality leather riding jackets (Langlitz, Vanson, Schott, Brooks) but if I am going on an extended trip with possible weather changes I always take the FXRG. Unfortunately it is not made in the US like the others I listed above but it is one outstanding riding jacket. Never leave home without it.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

The Grayson is the best jacket I've ever owned, I can't justify the price of the HD

Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the FXRG still a thin leather Chinese POS like all the other Harley leather jackets? I can't see any waterproof liners or whatever making up for that. I like the looks of some Harley jackets, but between the cheap leather and the Made in China tag, I'll never own one.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I got the FXRG -09 version last fall and like it. Got 20% off which made it a better deal. It is a riding jacket, not a stand around the bar/campfire jacket. It's too hot to wear it this time of the year so the Tourmaster Air Intake gets use. FXRG is not thin leather, zippers are not flimsy. It's a heavy jacket designed to protect me if I go down. I am avoiding that so can't comment on that aspect.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Phantom6722
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbob123
I really like both of these jackets - i have seen the hd at the dealer (will import from usa as its much better priced over there) but i also like the foxcreek but cannot try on same - has anybody got any guidence on same - the hd is really a beautiful jacket but is it as good as the foxcreek -thanks

I’ve got Fox creek, Jacket, Vest and chaps. Excellent quality products. Took my measurements carefully about four emails with Scarlet at Fox creek, shipped the to Perth WA (Western Australia) everything fitted really well and they exchange them if not correctly sized as long as I paid for the extra shipping charges. Nice folks at fox creek.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:37 AM
50 below
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I understand, if anything goes wrong with an FXRG, you can stroll into any HD dealer and it they simply replace it. True? If so, that adds value right there.
Anyone able to back that up or have I been misled?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 AM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The FXRG is guaranteed for life, they may not simply hand you another jacket but they do honor it. My kidney belt failed, I brought it in and no questions they got me another.
Not mentioned yet, the FXRG has a Scholler phase change lining that essentially adjusts to heat and humidity. This makes it more comfortable over a wider range of temperatures.
And as far as the price, back out the price of the rain gear that you don't need, not to mention lug around.

Quick Reply: Hd fxrg or foxcreek grayson