General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Peace Officer RK Just Arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:32 AM
PSO169
Road Master
Default RE: 2007 Peace Officer RK Just Arrived!!!

Are the same colors still available as last year I really like the Peace Officer Black. I am debating between Firefighter Special Edition, Peace Officer and standard colors. I am working the fire station tonight but police off duty on Saturday.

Old 07-21-2006 | 06:17 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

Congrats. When did you order it? I just ordered a firefighter edition last week. Dealer said 8 to 12 weeks. I don't know if I can take the pressure. LOL
http://bobbyhill.home.att.net

Old 07-21-2006 | 12:13 PM
TruBluUltra
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Motor Squad

ORIGINAL: TruBluUltra

Sounds like it'll be a great scoot! Not trying to be an *** (though it usually is quite easy for me) BUT just couldn't help but notice one thing....
P eace
O fficer
R oad
K ing

P.O.R.K. ?

I have to say.... my friends and I had a good laugh at that one. Just so happened I opened that thread when my non cop liking friends were around and they got a kick out of your response. Thanks [8D]
Glad nobody took it the wrong way. Actually didn't wanna come across as being disrespectful. I live in a small town and have hung around with all of the cops and fire personnel here (4 wheeling Jeeps). I just couldn't bring myself to let the P.O.R.K. acronym go without mention

Paul

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:31 PM
Motor Squad
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: PSO169

Are the same colors still available as last year I really like the Peace Officer Black. I am debating between Firefighter Special Edition, Peace Officer and standard colors. I am working the fire station tonight but police off duty on Saturday.
I believe there is a "nightwatch blue", "vivid black", and possibly a lighter color blue available. I am not for sure on that information, but I remember I personally wasn't impressed with the other colors. You really can't go wrong with black in my opinion. If I was in your shoes though..... the option for the Firefighter S.E. would be cool. I really like that red they come with.

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:36 PM
Motor Squad
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Capt.Bob

Congrats. When did you order it? I just ordered a firefighter edition last week. Dealer said 8 to 12 weeks. I don't know if I can take the pressure. LOL
I told the dealer I wanted the bike back in April 2006 and they promised they would put my order in as soon as HD started taking orders which I think was sometime in May. I was told by my salesperson on Wednesday of this week that it would be possibly 2 more weeks and then all of a sudden the truck arrived yesterday and today I am picking the bike up. Good luck with your order, hope it comes in sooner and surprises ya'.

Old 07-21-2006 | 02:39 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Go take some pictures and post them. It will make the time pass more quickly.

Old 07-21-2006 | 05:28 PM
VetteSiNz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: wildwill

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Go take some pictures and post them. It will make the time pass more quickly.

I agree ...go back to the Stealership and take some pics. What you waiting for?
Congrats on your new RK.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 07-21-2006 | 06:18 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member

Hang in there Capt.Bob I feel your pain, I ordered my FF Heritage Classic the first day I could and I'm still waiting for a delivery date. Sucks being us. Motor Squad, Lets see those photos! Unless your to busy riding to take pictures that is.
ORIGINAL: Capt.Bob

Old 07-22-2006 | 02:44 AM
Motor Squad
|
Cruiser

I have taken possession of my motorcycle!!!! As promised here are my thoughts after the first ride.....it's all they said it would be and then some. The engine sounds pretty good at idle, not really much louder than previous years although it sounds like it has a lot of potential if pipes were added. The torque is very impressive in my opinion. After hearing everyone gripe that HD takes such little steps when making changes, these changes were big "little" changes. The sixth gear is the perfect addition to the bike along with the gearing ratios. The engine is really smooth at speed and you can talk over the stock pipes. When you slow at a traffic light the engine takes over that familiar powerful low rumble/vibration. The vibration of the motor is not annoying or out of line, it's just enough to remind you that you're on a HD. The clutch effort is noticeably easier. The clock in the tach is a nice addition. As predicted by reading previous threads, the seat is not as comfortable as I would have hoped. My overall opinion after riding the bike for approximately 125 miles is..... Good Job HD.

Old 07-22-2006 | 03:08 AM
Sol
Tourer

Thanks for taking us along on the 1st ride, awesome review!
ORIGINAL: Motor Squad

I have taken possession of my motorcycle!!!! As promised here are my thoughts after the first ride.....it's all they said it would be and then some. The engine sounds pretty good at idle, not really much louder than previous years although it sounds like it has a lot of potential if pipes were added. The torque is very impressive in my opinion. After hearing everyone gripe that HD takes such little steps when making changes, these changes were big "little" changes. The sixth gear is the perfect addition to the bike along with the gearing ratios. The engine is really smooth at speed and you can talk over the stock pipes. When you slow at a traffic light the engine takes over that familiar powerful low rumble/vibration. The vibration of the motor is not annoying or out of line, it's just enough to remind you that you're on a HD. The clutch effort is noticeably easier. The clock in the tach is a nice addition. As predicted by reading previous threads, the seat is not as comfortable as I would have hoped. My overall opinion after riding the bike for approximately 125 miles is..... Good Job HD.

Quick Reply: 2007 Peace Officer RK Just Arrived!!!