General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clothing: Are all the Harley vests as SHORT as the Hydration Vest?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
duckdown
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clothing: Are all the Harley vests as SHORT as the Hydration Vest?

Hey folks! Brand new user here, actually discovered the forum by trying to Google "harley hydration vest".. I have a question. I just made a large purchase of HD clothing on eBay and one of the items I was looking forward to was the Hydration Vest.. a light, non-leather black vest that would be good for spring or what not.. But the bloody thing is WAY too short. It doesn't even reach my bellybutton. I'm a tall fat guy who takes size 5XL but this fits nothing at all like the rest of the Harley stuff the exact same size Kind of a weird question I know, but does anyone have any experience with this product? and are all Harley vests so SHORT? this is the exact one I have http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT Thanks for any responses, looking forward to reading the forums! cheers, from Toronto

Old 01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
duckdown
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well sorry apparently this forum doesn't like use of the ENTER key, i didn't write that so lumped together.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

No they aren't all that short. You need to go try on some stuff (vests, jackets, etc) at a dealer to make sure on sizes prior to purchasing off EBay. Plus you never know if you're getting seconds or knockoffs from the EBay vendor. I'm surprised someone of your size wouldn't know you need to try stuff on for a decent fit, before buying it. I say this after spending the last six months on a diet to get back down to fightin' size for next riding season. Amazing how much "new stuff" I've got to wear now that had literally shrunk over the years due to my insatiable appetite. LoL