General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom! speakers vs. stock speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 PM
ZOSO
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom! speakers vs. stock speakers?

Just ordered my first Harley! A 2010 Ultra and I am thinking of putting on a few goodies before I pick it up. One of the things I am considering but would like some input on, is the speaker upgrade. I am looking for opinions on the stock speakers as well as on the Boom! speakers. I will get the bike in Feb. sometime so I have a little time for research. Also if you have any MUST HAVE suggestions let me know.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Haven't hear the new Boom! speakers, but a few have posted on here that they are pretty good. BUT, this should speak volumes, a friend of mine is a Harley Dealer and he runs J&M speakers in his personal bike, not the Boom!.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Head on down to the Touring section. There have been a lot of discussions about aftermarket speakers. I have a set of Hogtunes in mine and love them.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 AM
ZOSO
Novice

The big reason I am looking at Boom! is that I will get 20% off and free install when I take delivery. Otherwise I would wait and see how satisfied I am with the stock speakers and make a decision then. I really don't know how good or bad the stocks are. Are most of you satisfied with the stock speakers?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZOSO
Are most of you satisfied with the stock speakers?
I'm not terribly happy with the stock speakers on my '10 Road Glide. They distort at moderate volume. I'll be upgrading the entire system soon. Haven't determined particular brands yet.

Congrats on the new ride and good luck!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:57 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Check out the J&M's. We are a direct dealer and can get you best price. They are a great improvement over stock and there is no need to run an amp with them. PM for a price.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:06 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I hated my stock speakers. I went with Hogtunes at first. I ended up getting rid of them as well. I now have ARC audio speakers and amp. I am much happier with them.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 AM
guitarman777
Road Captain

Don't know much about motorcycle speakers, but I met a guy on a ride once who actually installed either an 8" or 10" sub in the luggage rack bag or one of the saddle bags, can't remember which. Made a custom battery assembly for it in one of the other bags and installed a higher-powered alternator to charge both it and the bike's battery. Was pretty impressive, he's an audio engineer by vocation and designed the whole thing, was considering filing a patent and starting a business with it. Sounded pretty dang good both stopped and on the road, I do remember he ported the casing of the bag very particularly to get the best response.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
jward
Tourer

Originally Posted by ZOSO
Just ordered my first Harley! A 2010 Ultra and I am thinking of putting on a few goodies before I pick it up. One of the things I am considering but would like some input on, is the speaker upgrade. I am looking for opinions on the stock speakers as well as on the Boom! speakers. I will get the bike in Feb. sometime so I have a little time for research. Also if you have any MUST HAVE suggestions let me know.
over 60 the stocks are not worth having the radio on.....can't speak to upgrades-still stock...

Old 01-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered the new J&Ms from Dr.VTwin. Couldn't beat his price and quick responses to my questions. Shipping today. Review when they arrive.

Quick Reply: Boom! speakers vs. stock speakers?