General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Star-Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:06 AM
gseely
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Star-Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment

A friend of mine swears by this stuff -- and gave me a bottle. It's supposed to counteract the harmful effects of ethanol. We have 10% ethanol in most gas here, and Harley's service manuals say the engines can run just fine with that.

I haven't noticed any problems with the gas here, but added some enzyme treatment to my gas anyway. It hasn't made any noticeable difference.

Is this stuff just a waste of money?

Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Just something ELSE to sell!......... JMHO though.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I have been using Aces fuel catalyst in my diesel engines and i see now that they have a gasoline catalyst which I haven't tried but I do like their diesel treatment. I see about 10% better fuel economy especially during the winter months with diesel fuel. You can read more about Aces gasoline treatment here, I don't sell it or get any commisions from it, I like the product and again I have not tried the gasoline side of it but someone here may have. http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/931760.htm

Old 01-18-2010, 09:50 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got an older bike, with over 71k on it now. When I first got the bike, I tried some booster in a couple tanks. I believe it was from STP. Didn't notice any performance boost really, but I did seem to notice after the first tank with the booster that the engine became much more noisy (top end rattle and stuff).

I was of the feeling that maybe the booster had cleaned some carbon off the pistions/cylinders, and that could possibly have made it rattle more, just a feeling tho. After a few tanks of straight fuel, it was back to it's 'normal' sound. Didn't seem to affect the ping I was attempting to resolve.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Hot Rod
2nd Gear

I'm hearing it eats o-rings I saw an O-ring out of a 06-07 Harley fuel activator looked more like a d-ring,looking for more fuel additives he has one made by Star -Brite. I'm looking for both treatment as well as gaining my mileage back lost 5 miles to the Gallon.Only get MI per tank that hurts.Any advice??

Last edited by Hot Rod; 02-17-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Tarponrod
Tourer

I think the biggest problem with ethanol in gas is ethanol mixes with water the separates from the gas and settles to the bottom of your tank. The ethanol and water mix is corrosive. This mainly happens during storage. In the boating community it has cause a lot of damage, I know it got my fuel injection pump at $800.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 PM
DeluxeHog05
Cruiser

Tarponrod nailed it...There have been alot of problems with the separation of water in snowmobiles too. Basically because of the long storage time. I have been running startron in my sleds for storage purposes, and have had no problems. I threw some in the scoot for storage this year too.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:15 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i have had great success using a small amount of synthetic 2 stroke oil. both my hot rods fuel needles were sticking using ethanol gas. the synthetic lubricated the needles and doesn't smoke.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 AM
gseely
Cruiser

It sounds like there isn't much point using this stuff unless I'm not going to ride the bike (or other vehicles) for a while. Will fuel stabilizer fix the water separation problem? It's a lot cheaper than Star-Tron.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:33 AM
DeluxeHog05
Cruiser

From what I have read normal stabilizer won't fix the water separation if you are going to store for more than a month. It's hard to tell what the "truth" is, but I'd rather spend the extra $$ for piece of mind. I actually put the startron in everything this year that needed to be stored for the winter. It doesn't take much, like an oz. to 6 gallons

Quick Reply: Star-Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment