General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Diesel_Cowboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmets etc.

Just wondering if anyone else has ordered stuff from them? about 6 months ago I ordered two helmets from their web site and reicieved them within about two weeks of my order. My uncle wanted a helmet like mine so I told him I would order him one . I placed the order, my credit card was billed and I waited. About a month went by and no helmet. So I e-mailed the company and they responed sayin that they were in the process of moving buildings and that my order should be shipped within a week. So I waited again . Another three weeks or so and nothing. I went back to the web site to get a phone # to call them and the number was not on the site. I sent them another e-mail stating that I still have not reicieved my order and I they do not reply to this e-mail I will be forced to call my C.C. company and get the charges reversed on my card. Well Still no helmet! I guess they went out of buisness or something. I did get the charges taken of my card though.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:32 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

That's no good. A lot of internet business' do not provide phone numbers and I found this out the hard way as well. It seems that a lot of people are more concerned about getting their money and that is it. I get my stuff from our shop now, but before I worked here after I had a bad experience I started to check to make sure I could call the place in case there was a problem. I had several problems, especially with Ebay vendors. A good price is nice, but if you cannot actually speak to them it is almost pointless i there is a problem.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:58 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of Helmet are you lookin for.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Diesel_Cowboy
Advanced

it was just a regular style beanie helmet like the "old school ZOX " helmets but it was way cheaper on line and hard to find up here

Old 01-17-2010, 08:58 AM
jojo2dog
Road Captain

try the motorcyclesuperstore have had real good service from them

Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
20FXST06
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Diesel_Cowboy
Just wondering if anyone else has ordered stuff from them? about 6 months ago I ordered two helmets from their web site and reicieved them within about two weeks of my order. My uncle wanted a helmet like mine so I told him I would order him one . I placed the order, my credit card was billed and I waited. About a month went by and no helmet. So I e-mailed the company and they responed sayin that they were in the process of moving buildings and that my order should be shipped within a week. So I waited again . Another three weeks or so and nothing. I went back to the web site to get a phone # to call them and the number was not on the site. I sent them another e-mail stating that I still have not reicieved my order and I they do not reply to this e-mail I will be forced to call my C.C. company and get the charges reversed on my card. Well Still no helmet! I guess they went out of buisness or something. I did get the charges taken of my card though.
Checked them out with BBB. Seems they have at least 30 to 40 complaints concerning your same problem. At least you did get your money back!! Here is an address and phone of their store in Daytona, Fl. although it's more than likely gone too. Here's what I found:
2550 S Nova Rd Ste 3
Daytona Beach, Florida
United States
Phone: (386) 760-2060

PS. I will be going down to Bike Week. I'm going to go by this address and if they are open for business I will contact the Florida States Attorney Generals office regarding their situation.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:19 AM
Diesel_Cowboy
Advanced

Originally Posted by 20FXST06
Checked them out with BBB. Seems they have at least 30 to 40 complaints concerning your same problem. At least you did get your money back!! Here is an address and phone of their store in Daytona, Fl. although it's more than likely gone too. Here's what I found:
2550 S Nova Rd Ste 3
Daytona Beach, Florida
United States
Phone: (386) 760-2060

PS. I will be going down to Bike Week. I'm going to go by this address and if they are open for business I will contact the Florida States Attorney Generals office regarding their situation.
Yea I figured they were a fly by night kinda place...... to bad

Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Helmet Harbor

Try http://www.helmetharbor.com/ , they've been around for a while.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:26 AM
rickoshay45
Road Master

I had ordered some gloves from them and never got them. Luckily they never charged my card!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered some replacement parts for my modular helmet from them. I waited and waited, after 1/2 dozen emails, and a number phone calls, I finally got the parts. I decided I wouldn't be doing business with them anymore. Interesting to see they went out of business. I'm guessing that's the reason. Too many people dissatisfied with lousy service. No repeat business. An angry customer will tell everyone he comes in contact with, while a happy customer only tells those that ask for specifics... Oh well, another business bites the dust.

Quick Reply: Helmets etc.