General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunglasses/Goggles

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:15 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Thread .... I would love to find the "perfect" sunglasses that work well for when your on the scooter, and when your not. I have some Wylie Jakes that are great while riding ... but they are kinda "big". I'd like something like that, but with a smaller profile.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:19 PM
gotjackson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem. I bought the ones from Harley with the foam around the inside and they come with a strap you can have on or off. Without the strap, the glasses don't stay tight enough to keep all the wind out, so unless I'm going full-helmet, I always ride with the strap on. I tighten it just enough so that the foam presses comfortably around my eyes. One added bonus is that they are day/night lenses so I can use them all the time without changing the lens. I don't remember how much they were, but may be more than you are willing to spend.

If the pair you bought doesn't have a strap with it, I would suggest buying a strap so that you can pull them tight around your eyes when you are wearing them. Wouldn't cost you much and would probably solve your problem.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:48 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I like these the best .http://www.sportsunglasses.us/windmaster.htm . I have a Pair of Panoptx , and also a pair of "the best" glasses . I bought them at Walmart , and they are better than the other two pair . I have the yellow ones . They darken enough in bright conditions to act as sunglasses , and they lighten enough to wear at night .

Old 02-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Guys go to the local Hardware store and buy some weather stripping that has the sticky on one side..fix your goggles,glasses,and that saddle bag lid that has been leaking for a couple of bucks...I use it when my Hard bags are vibrating its right up there with Duct tape..

Old 02-05-2010, 07:26 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
as i've gotten older I started wearing glasses to read small print. didn't want to spend the $$$ on rx goggles cause i tend to lose things.(i'm gonna use the age excuse again) now i buy wraparound rx bifocal safety glasses for less than $10 a pair. Now i can see my odometer again along with the menu at the bar without pulling out my readers, and best of all i haven't lost em yet...
Those wrap around safety glasses with the bifocals are great for riding....comfortable, and you can get them shaded or clear for night riding. Scratch 'em or bust 'em and it's no big deal (unlike losing or breaking a $120 pair of Oaklies). Work great in the shop for eye protection, and allow you to see things in great detail. They come in a lot of different styles....and employers have learned that people will wear eye protection if they don't look like 'birth control glasses'.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just cannot do the sunglasses thing, I would love to be able to just through on a pair of sunglasses however I have to go with goggles.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:57 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SUPRPIG
I use ESS they have a new series called the Crossbow http://www.esseyepro.com/Crossbow_detail.html. I have it in clear and Tinted and it is fogproof. The stems fit close to the head so the profile works well with full and 3/4 helmets. I am an Oakley fan but the stems are too bulky in my full helmet and uncomfortable. They have others as well that I have used over the years like the ICE. Another option.....
I've always found the Flyby to be a good and durable model.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 PM
srowton
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried all sorts of sunglasses and found that the ones that work best are the ones that are fit for your face real tight and are just regular sunglasses nothing fancy. I spend at the most 12 bucks. I ride all the time sometimes even in winter, about 32 degrees or so up here in northwest Indiana.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:51 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

i just got some wylie ink!! they looked a little bigger on e bay! ok,just a little small i think

Old 02-06-2010, 01:05 AM
rossman
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Walmart Rx Sports goggles!

Quick Reply: Sunglasses/Goggles