General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

megadeth and motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:06 AM
mountainpharm
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a lifelong metal fan and while Megadeth isn't my all-time favorite, they do have some GREAT songs. Most have been mentioned already, but one of my favorites from Dave & Co. that hasn't yet made the list is "Lucretia". The riff in that song is ridiculous!

Maiden and Metallica share my top spot, though Metallica lost me during the Mutt Lange years. Death Magnetic was OK but I much prefer pre-Black album 'tallica. Master of Puppets is probably my #1 album.

Maiden is just consistently great. Killers through Final Frontier is one great album after another, though I did skip the Blaze Bayley years. I caught their show in Manassas, VA last summer and they ripped it up. Wish I could make their FL shows next month, but no luck.

I've got to give props to Anthrax (prefer the Joey Belladonna era) and I recently bought Testament's Formation of Damnation on iTunes; the first two songs are the best I've heard recently. Other great Testament albums are Practice What You Preach and Souls of Black.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:17 PM
beastie
Cruiser

Never been a Megadeth fan. I had Peace Sells and that didn't impress me. Saw a Megadeth concert on tv and I didn't get into it. Slayer's Reign In Blood and Metallica's Ride the Lightning were my metal faves. I love listening to Anvil, Mercyful Fate, Anthrax, Metal Church, Exodus (!!!), Motorhead... But that was the golden age of metal and I refuse to be pigeonholed as a headbanger so I expanded. Dave Lombardo (Slayer) is the man!

Old 06-16-2011, 10:08 AM
road_king_rob
Tourer
Old 06-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Aisak
Novice

If you haven't heard the re-mastered version of Killing is my Business... then you are depriving yourself of a special treat. The instrument tracks are more separated and the drums actually have bass tones (and are much more audible). I lost a bit of interest when they released Countdown to Extinction and Youthenasia lost me completely. Killing is by far my favorite album with So Far So Good So What a close second.

I love listening to music as I ride. I have some custom headphones from Sleek-Audio that are custom molded for my ear. I can use them with a full modular helmet or my halfie, and are second to none in sound. I like being able to hear my music and the world around me instead of just wind.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Clutch70
Road Master

Slayer all the way!!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Dan28
Road Master
Received 209 Likes on 153 Posts

My favorite Megadeth album is probably Peace Sells... it was also my first. Youthanisia is probably a close second.

When I was younger I liked Metallica more than Megadeth. These days, I probably listen to Megadeth more.

Dave Mustaine may be an ******* for all I know. I think a lot of musicians I like probably are. Glen Danzig I'm thinking probably is, but I like a lot of his music too.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Pantera is my band of choice...even though I'm a little young for them during their hey-day.

Ive seen Megadeath live and they're awesome as well

Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
rolling_again
Road Master
Received 445 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Seascape
Wow i didnt think any of you guys jammed like that! I've got everyobody mentioned above except Johny Cash on my Ipod.

Also on my IPOD

Dio
Hell Yeah
Pantera
SLAYER lots of slayer
Sabbath
creed
dokken (huge george lynch fan)
priest
iron maiden
skid row
nickleback
tesla (huge fan)
stryper (cut me some slack)

Most of that is on my ipod as well I have a couple to add though.....
Sepultura
Lamb of God

Old 06-16-2011, 03:13 PM
508DieHard
Advanced

cant wait to see them on tour this summer

Old 06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
TDQ64
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gonna have to go with.........