General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

megadeth and motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Megadeth. Good, ballsy riffs - not just raging speed metal with cookie monster vocals. Never cared for them live though. Their music is fast enough without the obligatory 20% speed-up in concert. Good tunes on the scooter though.

Want some energy delivering metal on a ride? Check out "Caught in a Mosh" and "Among the Living" by Anthrax.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,290 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Motorhead.

and Johnny Cash, when I'm feeling mellow.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Huge Megadeth fan! I have all their albums and seen them live a couple of times. Dave can be an ***, but you have to admit the guy can play and has a distinct voice, especially for Metal. Favorite albums are Rust in Peace & Peace sells...but who's buying?

Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Toypuller
Motorhead.

and Johnny Cash, when I'm feeling mellow.
Crap! How did I forget Lemmy?

Old 01-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

PEACE SELLS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DWoJBHibhM

BUT WHO'S BUYING???????

Old 01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Seascape
Road Captain

Wow i didnt think any of you guys jammed like that! I've got everyobody mentioned above except Johny Cash on my Ipod.

I wasnt there but its my understanding the reason Dave was let go is they never knew WHICH dave they were gonna get once he started drinking. This was especially a problem once they started getting booked every night and were selling out for over a month. They smelled theyre chance and wasnt gonna risk it. People at theyre label office knew Kirk. Basically Kirk and Dave passed eachother in the air. Alot of people dont realize this but they were actually on the east coast when they booted dave.

My opinion of dave? Super great guitarist.Put tot-toe w/ Kirk you might get surprised. I just dont know if Kirk could tolerate being in the same room as dave for over 5 mins. You cant tell its all about dave when daves in the room. Its just his personallity. You cant help to wonder what Metallica would sound like today had he stayed. It would sound differant. BUT.. what you really gotta wonder is what if Cliff was still here? He was allowed to contribute in the studio ALOT! He was leaned on alot during "Leather". I dont think the changes we've seen in them would have been less but the music would sound differant no doubt. But.. Cliff out of all them wanted to go mainstream HUGE commercial Mega mOney just as much IF NOT MORE.

My opinion.... the biggest mistake Metallica has made to date is letting Jason go. Stupid stupid stupid! SOOOOOOOOOO STUUUUUUUUPID! Just let the kid go do his dumb little gig. It wasnt gonna have anyeffect on Metallica if anything Jason woulda picked up new fans that woulda started showing up at Metallica concerts and buy Metallica work to get more Jason. Now whatta we got? Some guy that does some creep crawly walk around the stage all night. I like the guy cause he's Metallica now but he doesnt bring anything close to what Jason did Live. Its not even close. STUPID MOVE JAMES!!! NOT TO LATE TO FIX IT!!!!! I KNOW YOU STOP BY HERE EVERY NOW AND THAN JUST THINK ABOUT IT DUDE!!!

Also on my IPOD

Dio
Hell Yeah
Pantera
SLAYER lots of slayer
Sabbath
creed
dokken (huge george lynch fan)
priest
iron maiden
skid row
nickleback
tesla (huge fan)
stryper (cut me some slack)

Thats probably all you guys have heard of,, looks like a few other guys may know some of my other stuff but....

If you can make it to the 1:38 mark on this vid you will hear one of the best metal riffs ever laid down! The scream at the beginning wasnt my idea for sure! But this song is one of my favorite while riding. Especially from 1:38 on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6_zsJ8KPP0

Last edited by Seascape; 01-15-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 Megadeth. I've got CD's with all those. Now you need to add some Testament, Ministry, Wrathchild America, and some WASP for added easy-listening.

Cannon

Old 01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good choice in tunes

Old 01-16-2010, 02:06 PM
racinjunkie
Advanced

Symphony of Destruction is one of my fave songs, but its hard to beat Youthanasia as a whole album. Addicted to Chaos, The Killing Road, and Victory are all great tunes. I don't pay much attention to band politics, I just like the music. I would like to hear what Metallica would sound like with Burton/Mustaine still around. Maybe we would have been spared the Load/Reload, St. Anger crap. (kinda dig Death Magnetic though) Don't listen while I'm riding much, but when I do, I listen to Black Label Society, Godsmack, older Metallica (Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning are my favorite albums of all time!). Still listen to some of the older stuff like old Motley Crue, Dio, Danzig, Ozzy, Skid Row etc., etc..Gotta have my Metal!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 05:01 PM
johnd5412
Cruiser

What do you mean I don't believe in God...I talk to him everyday.

What do you mean Im not kind...just not your kind.

Great lyrics, from a great musician.