Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF has been valuable to me

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 04:37 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Default HDF has been valuable to me

Although I don't post much, I am a regular viewer of several forums on this site. I have been helped by numerous members either directly through an enquiry, or indirectly by viewing subjects that interest me.

I have also bought several items offered by both members and vendors advertising on this site and have always been impressed with the honesty and integrity I have so far experienced.

I don't much like the jokers who make fun of those who don't know as much as they apparently do, but any site will contain some of these wiseasses. Thread respondents are most often extremely willing to help out those seeking answers and many even go the extra mile to help out by investigating a question beyond their immediate, memorized knowledge.

If I need to buy something, I always consult HDF to see if a member is selling it. Even if nobody is selling, I usually get some good advice about where to buy if I don't already know.

Thank you HDF members.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:44 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

This was the first forum I tried out expecting to find a lot more technical stuff.At first was annoyed with the wise guys,then fell into line,since then have always enjoyed the visits.The technical stuff is easy to find once you learn where to look.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've learned a few things in here as well. Lots of good mechanical info and some tricks/fixes I woulda never thought of.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:47 AM
MechsHands
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree totally. I just started riding in Aug and bought my first bike a 1200R based on advice I got here. I certainly dont regret it. Then after I got it the advice has been invaluable. Its certainly helped make me a more knowledgable and better rider because of it. I love that the search function actually works well here too.

Every forum has its asshats. But its easy to get past that and see who it is to listen too.

MH

Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 74,746 Likes on 22,486 Posts

I lke this site too. Mostly spot on solid information.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:29 PM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info on here from folks with experience.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
PUBA ONE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up +1

Originally Posted by albngore
Although I don't post much, I am a regular viewer of several forums on this site. I have been helped by numerous members either directly through an enquiry, or indirectly by viewing subjects that interest me.

I have also bought several items offered by both members and vendors advertising on this site and have always been impressed with the honesty and integrity I have so far experienced.

I don't much like the jokers who make fun of those who don't know as much as they apparently do, but any site will contain some of these wiseasses. Thread respondents are most often extremely willing to help out those seeking answers and many even go the extra mile to help out by investigating a question beyond their immediate, memorized knowledge.

If I need to buy something, I always consult HDF to see if a member is selling it. Even if nobody is selling, I usually get some good advice about where to buy if I don't already know.

Thank you HDF members.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Old 01-15-2010, 05:29 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotten a lot of good advise from here. Also a lot of laffs. Most of the ideas and changes on my bike came from this place. You can get all kinds of answers...good bad..stupid..smartass..funny...sarcastic...off the wall...but that's how forums are. This joint just happens to be one of the best. IMHO <---(first time I ever typed IMHO)