General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hdfsi

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Transportation should still ship it for free as a supplemental household goods shipment as long as you were not over weight (and this will not take you overweight). I PCSed to K-town 18 months ago and transportation shipped my bike several months after I PCSed. They said as long as I had more than one year remaining OCONUS after delivery that it could still be shipped as a supplemental HHG shipment under my original PCS orders. I PCSed as a civilian so the rules might be a little different; but, double check with the transportation office.

Originally Posted by HDMike96
Yeah I called the trans people here today. Actually went better then I expected. They gave me a memo so I could ship the bike as a normal POV. Thinking I may have the local dealer in NC pick the bike up and prep it for shipping then crate it up and ship it that way, thinking its probably the best way to do it.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I called the trans people here today. Actually went better then I expected. They gave me a memo so I could ship the bike as a normal POV. Thinking I may have the local dealer in NC pick the bike up and prep it for shipping then crate it up and ship it that way, thinking its probably the best way to do it.
Right On! Glad that worked out for ya. Told they were human!!

Old 11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
FLHTom1948
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, Midnight2005. Thanks for your service, HDMike96. Happy Holidays to all!!!